𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟏 𝟕

Spencer had never been so angry in his entire life. It came close to that time a professor had refused him in his class because he was "too young", but this took the cake.

"Reid, I know you're stressed here, but-"

Spencer swiveled around, his posture tense and his fists in tight balls beside him. "Stressed? I'm not stressed, Derek, I'm angry. She should never have been left alone. We were right there! We were right there, and we couldn't save her." he replied, his voice rising steadily and loudly as he finished his rant.

He felt himself give in to the panic he was feeling and immediately started looking around the bathroom he had run into. "Spencer we're going to find her. You know Nova, she'll be fine." Derek replied in an effort to console him.

"You don't know that! You don't know if she's going to be fine. No one knows if she's going to be fine!" Spencer was now shouting. He had accidentally broken one of the mirrors in the bathroom and his hand was bleeding.

Spencer took a few breaths and sat on the bathroom floor and Derek started tearing up at the sight of him. He crouched down next to him to see Spencer's shoulders shaking. He was crying. Derek immediately pulled him into a hug.

"He killed countless girls and we barely had any leads," Spencer told him, his voice was now a whisper. "We'll find her. We're gonna find her. She's going to be okay." He replied, standing up and putting his hand out for Spencer to take.

Why were men so stupid? Nova could never figure it out

Why were men so stupid? Nova could never figure it out. She also couldn't figure out why someone would kidnap an FBI agent, and not check them for weapons.

That's why Nova was currently putting on the best performance of her life with her hands behind her back, pretending to be tied up. In reality, she had cut the ropes with her switchblade an hour ago.

She was busy listening to Jack drone on and on about how smart he was and how her team was never going to find her. Fucking idiot.

Nova tried not to stare too much at where she was, she didn't want to give herself away to Jack. Judging by the large space of the room and the high ceiling with minimum light, she'd guess she was at a warehouse. The only thing she could see was the bolted steel door to the far left of her, and the chair to which she was pretending to be tied to.

One thing she could give him credit for, though, was the element of surprise when she actually saw him. He was the intern from a few days ago. She didn't know how she didn't recognize his face when she saw him.

Maybe it's because she was caught up laughing with her friends, maybe it was because Spencer's arm was around her waist. I mean, could you really blame her? He was distracting.

"Do you know how long it took for me to get you away from those two idiots? Your "genius" boyfriend and his best friend couldn't have been easier to fool. I mean honestly, it was the oldest trick in the book. What did they exp-"