𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟏

Another day, another night at the bar. Nova isn't one to complain. Hell, she could be chained to a post and left to hang there as long as she looked good whilst doing it. But this guy was worse than the others.

"So we've had a few drinks, and I'm feeling her up, obviously. I mean, come on, in that skirt? It looked like underwear, I'm sure she was expecting someone to hit on her. Honestly, she brought it on herself, then had the nerve to act all hormonal-" He said, rambling off to her about lord knows what poor woman he had terrorized last night.

She eyed him up and down discreetly, wondering how she was going to do it this time. His hair was disgusting, his teeth were practically falling out with how bad they were rotting and she swore she could smell his rank breath from across the booth. Just last night she had gotten his name and 800 dollars in cash slipped underneath her doorway. Don't get her wrong, she's not a murderer. Though, when it comes to men like this, she wishes she was.

Nova readjusted her hair discreetly, a nervous tick of hers. She always got nervous about being caught no matter how many times she did this. Technically it was illegal. But hey, she saved lives, she got paid, and it damn well made her feel good. Her hair was often getting in her eyes, even though it only came up to her shoulders. Her uncle Freddie cuts it for her every month, always complaining about how he's jealous of the silky black waves. She blew the slight bangs from out of her eyes and leaned closer across the table toward- what was his name again? Ah! Yes, "Chad". No wonder.

"So, Chad. This bar is a little crowded, and I'm getting stuffy. We don't want that, do we? How about you pay the bill for our drinks while I freshen up in the bathroom. Then maybe we can go to your place." She said slyly, giving him a small smirk and a wink and watching as he grew bright red. Her red dress hugged her skin as she got up from her chair and slipped her black peacoat on. She then walked toward Chad until he was practically backed up into the wall and positioned her hand a few centimeters next to his face. Nova was short, more than short, she was tiny. But she knew better than to let herself be smaller than these men when she went out, so she donned a pair of red-bottomed four-inch heels almost constantly. Her eyes were level with his as she leaned close to his ear, distracting him with vile, pretty words while her nimble hands slowly snatched his phone from his back pocket.

Nova leaned back and turned around whilst he scrambled to go pay. As soon as he was out of sight she stifled a laugh and rolled her eyes. Men. They were so goddamn stupid. She heard his heavy breathing behind her and turned around, schooling her face back to a sly smirk. Her body language changed to fit her facade, moving like a snake, slowly and toward her prey. "Wait here, I'll be right back." She whispered with a fake laugh so unlike her, she almost winced.

Her heels clicked as she rushed to the bathroom and called her network. You read that right, her network. Of who? Of homeless people. Nova may not have been the best citizen when it came to the law, but she most certainly was the best girl in her neighborhood. "Did you get it?" she asked quietly as she reapplied her lipstick in the mirror. "Anything for you, Ms. Yīkào." she chuckled and shook her head. "Bobbie, I told you to call me Nova. I've known you for 3 years, I see you every Saturday. Even your kids call me Aunt Nova." She said ruffling through her bag with her phone pressed to her ear, checking to make sure she had pepper spray and her taser. Course, her gun was in there, but it wasn't loaded. It never was. Filled with blanks, because to be frank, men were pussies. "Course, sorry Ms. Nova. I sent all the files to you, they're backed up on your computer too just in case." his warm voice was slightly static as it came through the phone, but he always managed to bring a smile to her face. "Thank you, Bobbie," she said as he hung up.

Nova looked at herself in the mirror. She was beautiful, she wasn't going to lie. She had pretty black hair that framed her face in layers, a slim figure, though she didn't have many curves. She was always insecure about her lack of curves, but her mom used to say she was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. With her toned arms and her long legs, her cinched waist and beautiful smooth skin, boobs and an ass were the least of her worries.

She searched her face for any hesitation. All she saw were pretty brown eyes and a freckled button nose. A deep sigh came from her as she shook her head and stood up tall, walking out of the bathroom with her head high and her hips swinging. She walked until she stopped right next to Chad. "Shall we?" she said, her pretty dark red lips twitching up to a smirk. He nodded with enthusiasm.