𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟕

Nova's eyes were fluttering shut before blowing open over and over again. She was exhausted. She didn't know what time it was, but she knew she needed some goddamn sleep. She heard the door click open and her head swiveled toward the sound. She felt her lips twitch up, it was the pretty one from the warehouse.

Her gaze moved upwards along the tall figure of the man. He shut the door and turned toward Nova, meeting her gaze with zero hostility. Nova felt her own eyebrows twitch upwards in surprise. They hadn't been rude to her, but he was openly friendly. She wasn't expecting this.

She observed his hands as they twitched slightly by his side and her lips moved upward a fraction. He was nervous. "Hello," Nova said calmly and watched as his cheeks reddened slightly before he nodded, though it looked more like a nod to himself, and replied, "Hi, I'm Dr. Spencer Reid."

She smiled at him and said, "A pleasure to meet you, I'm sure. Is it possible you could take these off of me Dr. Spencer Reid?". She had an amused sort of look on her face but he could see she was being genuine. His face faltered a bit and he nodded. "Right. You're probably not very comfortable, we'll see what we can do about that." He said before pulling out the chair in front of the table and sitting opposite her.

"We want to help you," Spencer said, meeting her gaze seriously. Nova eyed him suspiciously. She didn't respond for a moment, her eyes flicking to the mirror, then to the camera in the corner of the room. She hated being watched.

"Why?" she asked quietly. Her voice was the softest it had been since she'd been there. "Our chief, and our team- we think you could help us. You put over 100 people in jail in the span of three years, that's- that's over 5 times as much as the Richmond police have over the same amount of time. All of your actions are strictly moral, and all of the money you get from your uh- jobs- goes to Richmond charity centers." He said, his eyes softening slightly.

His stare made Nova shift in her seat uneasily, she didn't like that.

"Our technical analyst looked into your life prior to three years ago, everything you told us checks out. We even looked into the police records and it shows that you applied and were rejected before the entrance exam for Richmond Police Precinct 3."

Nova smiled as he rambled on. His voice was soothing and his excitement as he went on was cute. "Yes, well I have no reason to lie to you," she responded after he had stopped talking. "What do you need from me?" she said, her brows furrowing.

Spencer licked his lips nervously before saying "We want to offer you a job at the BAU. If you decide to accept it, you sign a document confirming that if you put civilians or anyone on our team at harm, you'll go to prison, and you're fully aware of the fact. Your charges would be dropped, and you'd help us catch psychopaths and serial killers." he finished off, his eyes searching her for any tells she might give off to her decision.

She didn't give him any.

He continued when she didn't speak. "We only need you to tell us one thing. The people that um- the people that raided your house when you were 9, why haven't you looked for them?"

Nova's eyes flashed and Spencer immediately regretted asking her when he saw her face shift to deep sadness. "I have. No dice," she responded simply. Her voice sounded empty, and Spencer didn't know why, but he felt like he'd do anything to see her tease him again.

"And if I choose not to take the job?" she said, raising an eyebrow.

Of course she wanted the fucking job. She really really wanted the job. But she also wanted to see what he would say.

Spencer grimaced slightly and his gaze flickered to the floor. "Your shortest sentence would be 20 years." Nova's eyebrows rose and her lips twitched up. "Shit! Not that I don't want to be, but you still want me on your team?" she asked, half laughing. Spencer huffed out a minuscule laugh. "Well, we-" he began explaining before the door clicked open and a broad-shouldered man with dark hair and a stern face walked through. Following him was an older, slightly shorter man with a worn face. He looked serious, but you could tell he had a good heart. Nova remembered seeing them at the warehouse.

Nova guessed he was the boss. He looked like the boss. "Ms. Yīkào. I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner, unit chief, this is SSA David Rossi. We have some news for you. We've found the group that killed your mother." He stated bluntly.

Nova froze. She immediately tensed all of the muscles in her body and her face went hard as she searched his face for any signs of lying. Nova had looked for them with her network for years. Since she was 10 fucking years old, and they find them within the hour? He didn't show any signs of lying, they really did find them.

"Where?" Nova's voice asked quietly, breaking slightly as her gaze flickered between the three men. She wondered if they had brought in so many men at once on purpose.

She saw the older man shift slightly and he responded "Outside of Virginia, they're currently in Brooklyn. Our analyst narrowed down the search based on the information you gave us and we contacted the police there."

Nova narrowed her eyes at him. He was lying. She didn't quite know how she always knew when people lied, but he was. He was right-handed, which was obvious from how his right sleeve was slightly more worn than his left. His right side was his dominant one, so why did he shift his weight onto the left one.

"What did you find?" She said, trying to see what they were getting at. Spencer looked between them with furrowed brows. He wasn't informed of this and he didn't know what Hotch and Rossi were trying to do.

She saw Hotch's gaze flicker to the mirror before responding "Narcotics, they were running a drug ring." Nova clenched her jaw. They were lying to her, they had to be. Nova tilted her head to the side slightly. He hadn't heard this man say a lot, but she knew his speech patterns were monotonous and steady. This was the first time Nova had heard an ounce of hesitation in his voice.

Nova pressed her lips together and ran her tongue over her teeth slightly. "Why are you lying to me?" She said quietly as she narrowed her eyes at them. She really hated being lied to. She saw Spencer's eyebrows shoot up from the corner of her eye.

Her gaze flickered between the two men in front of her, she furrowed her brows when Rossi smirked slightly at the other agent. They didn't say anything for a moment and the gears in Nova's minds clicked at once. They were testing her. Well, that was just mean.

She put over 100 men and women in jail without brute force of any kind. She could obviously tell when someone was lying. "You're testing me." she muttered before sighing and saying "Well now that you've done that, could you please get me a change of clothes and maybe take these off?" She said, rattling the handcuffs around her wrists.

"Of course. We just need you to sign something first so that you're aware of what you're getting into." The older man said, smiling at her slightly.

Nova suddenly let a wide grin take over her face as she looked between the three. "Let's do it." 

A/N: OOOOOO she's going to join the team! I'm so excited to get the story moving faster now. I have a lot in store for Spencer and Nova.  Do you guys like the dynamic between Spence and her? I'll be elaborating on it more in the next few chapters. I am VERY excited about it. Please tell me what you think! Love y'all <3