𝐜 𝐡 𝐚 𝐩 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝟒

If Nova Yīkào is going to go down, she's going to go down with a bang. This meant the vilest, most pathetic man; and the sexiest, most expensive dress. So, she ruffled up her hair, slipped into her silk red dress, and strapped on her heels. Shit was going down tonight.

Nova never asked for money when given names, but people normally just gave it to her anyway. With bills to pay and charities to organize in the neighborhood, who was she to deny the cash? People needed it, and Nova was there for the people.

Her dress was modest and classy but absolutely no one could deny she looked breathtaking in it in the most seductive way. The red silk hugged her pretty skin and complimented her curves so well you'd think the dress was made just for her. With the added height from her heels, she looked, and felt, powerful.

You could see her dainty butterfly wings tattoo that she had gotten on her back when she was 19. They were two wings that went from her mid-back to just below her shoulders, and they made her look like a fairy. She got it matching with a senior resident named Lucy who said she wanted one since she was a kid and never has the chance to get it. Since Nova was a sappy bitch, she made Lucy get it with her.

Once she was done getting ready she got a text from Bobbie. He was sending her all of the information the network had collected from around the neighborhood to prove one 'Theodore Gallant' very, very guilty. The only different thing about this job was that Nova had gotten this case fifteen months ago.

She had always felt terrible for putting it off, but Theodore wasn't just a mindless rapist, he was a serial killer. A stone-cold, calculating, and sadistic serial killer, and Nova knew that as soon as she was caught, she'd be dead. So, she formed a plan.

Instead of luring him somewhere, she would go somewhere and let him follow her. She knew that even if she died, those feds would come looking for her and find Theodore in the process. So, she planned to send a text to Bobbie right before she was in a room alone with Theodore, and Bobbie would alert the FBI of what was going on, and who she was. Nova was prepared to die, and if she did, she was happy that she was helping people whilst doing it.

With the information that she had gotten from the network, Theodore went after beautiful, hard to get, wealthy and educated women. He flirted with them and if they were rude and disrespectful to him, he killed them. Nova thought that was just petty.

"Where to ma'am?" The taxi driver asked through the rearview

"Where to ma'am?" The taxi driver asked through the rearview. Nova smiled at him and said, "What is the most expensive restaurant with an open bar in this town?" She replied with a teasing voice. The taxi driver chuckled and started the car. Nova unlocked her phone and called her friend Sam who worked at the homeless shelter. "What can I do for you, Nova? I thought you were supposed to be off being a hero by now." He said with a chuckle. "I'll have you know, Samwise, that I am currently on the way. I just wanted you to pass on a message to all the people at the shelter and the care home for me."

Sam shook his head disappointedly through the phone. Nova was like a daughter to him, he's been there for her when she was as young as 8 years old. He was hoping she would back down, but knowing her, she wouldn't. "Sure, Noves. I'm recording, go on," he said in a softer tone.

Nova nodded, and felt a tiny sliver of sadness shoot up her spine and straight towards her eyes. She took a deep breath and dispelled it quickly. She thought of the positives and smiled as she began what she was about to say.

"Hello everyone, It's your most frequent visitor, Nova. I just wanted to say a few things in case I can't say them later. Now, Earl, I know you're listening, you fat lump. Get your ass off that couch and lay off those cigarettes, they'll kill you. Ruthie, you are the baddest, hottest bitch around. Now for the rest of you, you're my family. Every single one of you. I grew up with only this town and the people in it to raise me, and I can't tell you how grateful I am for every minute you've tolerated me. I know times are tough. Trust me when I tell you I know that. But you've got each other, and you've got Samwise over there, and you'll always have me, no matter what. I'm only gonna say it once so don't you forget. I love you, all of you, we're immortal here, remember that."

When Nova stopped talking, she could hear Sam sniffling on the other line. "Hey Sam?" she said quietly. "Hm?" he replied in a low voice "I love you too, asshole," she muttered out quickly. As soon as she heard him laugh, she hung up. That was the last thing she wanted to hear from Sam.

"Um, we're here, miss." She heard a quiet voice say from the front of the car. Nova smiled widely at him and handed him 100 dollars. His eyes went wide and she winked at him and said "It's showtime" before strutting out the car and into the luxurious restaurant.

It was like time slowed down when Nova walked into a room. If you were sitting in a dark, damp cell in the middle of nowhere, Nova could walk in and make it feel like an island paradise. Eyes latched onto her, heads turned and bodies shifted in order to get a better look at her because she was that damn magnetic.

Not that she noticed any of the people staring at her. She was too busy absolutely freaking out inside of her head as she walked over to the bar. If you looked close enough, you would see that she was constantly wiping her sweaty hands on her thighs. Or that her fingers were being wronged and popped. Or that her feet were bouncing on the small bar of wood near the bottom of the stool she was sitting on.

Most people were too distracted drooling over her to notice that.

Nova had just ordered a bourbon from the bartender when a broad-shouldered middle-aged man sat next to her. She decided to ignore him as she picked up her drink and took a small sip of it to calm her nerves, but nearly froze when she heard the next words that came out of his mouth.

"Hello there. I'm Theodore, is this seat taken?" 

A/N: Dun Dun Duuuuunnnnnn! Do you guys like the story so far? NOVA MEETS SPENCER AND THE TEAM IN THE NEXT ONE! I'm sorry for the wait, but I wanted to develop the characters more and I thought this would add more suspense. Please do tell me what you think of it so far <3