Part 28

Once he was done cleaning, he came to the room wiping his hands but didn't find Prachi there. Instead, he heard voices downstairs, who was actually scolding Prachi. His first thought was that it was Rhea but it wasn't her voice.
He rushed downstairs.

He stopped on the stairs itself seeing the people there. It was Sushma Aunty and Sid. Ranbir felt bad seeing Sid and recalled what he told Sid that day. He was badly regreting it.
He joined them downstairs.
Sushma Aunty noticed him and stopped in her scoldings.

Sushma Aunty, glaring at Ranbir:'Why are you here now? Didn't you hurt her enough that you came back for more?'
She turned to Prachi.
Sushma Aunty:'I know that i was the one who told the secretary to let him stay here but I was unaware that it was him.... but you, Prachi... Couldn't you throw him out of the house seeing him?'
Prachi only had her head down, apart that nothing.

Sushma Aunty:'We would have got other deals. Why did you allow him in here? He hurt you so much, didn't believe you and you still feel for him. I didn't know that you were so weak, Prachi. After everything that he did to you....'
Ranbir looked at Prachi.
'They know that she is in depression, then why are they scolding her so much?' He thought.

Sid signed Sushma Aunty and she realised what she said in anger. She sighed as she also knew she shouldn't have said that. But it was just in anger, she didn't mean it.
Sushma Aunty came to Prachi and caressed her face.
SA:'Sorry, Prachi. I was just very angry that you allow him here. Really sorry.'
Prachi didn't respond at all.

Sushma Aunty turned to Ranbir:'Didn't know that you were that shameless that you are still here even after knowing her condition? That you are the reason she is in this state. If I were you, I would have never shown my face to her. Because she hates this face and you.'

Ranbir listened to everything silently and looked at Prachi as Sushma Aunty said the last part. He knew she didn't hate him. Her eyes held loads of love for him. If she hated him, she wouldn't allow him near her just like Rhea. She would have thrown him out as well.

Sushma Aunty took a file from Sid and threw it towards Ranbir.
SA:'Here is the signed contract papers, we already made changements according to what you wanted. You may leave now.'
Ranbir was shocked hearing that. He couldn't leave.

Ranbir:'Aunty, please... I am extremely sorry what I did and I will do anything to earn her forgiveness but please don't ask me to leave.'
He pleaded Sushma Aunty.
Ranbir:'Please Aunty, I love Prachi immensely, I need her, please don't seperate me from her.'
Sushma Aunty, sarcastically:'Love? You love her? Where was your love and trust 2 months ago? Didn't you think about her in these months? How was she? If she is fine or not?'

Ranbir:'I did. I did, Aunty. Every single moment. In these 2 months, there was not a single moment that I didn't miss her or thought about her. And I do love her a lot, that's why it was hurting so much. It hurt because I love her. And she loves me too. Her eyes will never lie to me. You will also see her love for me if you look in her eyes.
I am sorry for everything, Aunty. Please, give me one chance. Please.'
He begged Sushma Aunty.
Sushma Aunty looked at Prachi.

Sid came to Ranbir angrily and punched him. Ranbir looked at him.
Ranbir:'I am sorry, Sid.'
Sid:'You realise that we both pleaded you to listen to us that day. But what did you do? Did you listen to us? And now, you are asking us to forgive you?
You said so many things to Prachi, that Prachi who loved you so much.'
He once again punched Ranbir. Prachi looked at them and felt bad for Ranbir.
Ranbir, guilty:'Sorry.'

Sid:'You questioned my relationship with her, when we have only been friends and she was only your wife for me.'
He punched Ranbir harder and Prachi flinched at the hit.
Sid:'I didn't feel bad that you hit me that day. Your beatings were nothing in front of what you were saying to us.'
He punched him again, but Ranbir didn't retaliate. He was bearing everything silently. This time, blood starting to ooze out from his mouth.
Sid:'You want Prachi's forgiveness after all this? Do you even realise what we have gone through because of you and that Rhea? You both ruined our lives.'