Part 14

They came in and found the 2 men who were extorting money from Prachi. The EM came to her.
EM:"don't know what they want now?"

One of them spoke:"Mrs. Prachi...."
The EM left from there.
Prachi signed them what did they want while Ranbir was observing everything like a spectator.

Man:"well, the money you gave us is not enough.... We want more, in fact double."
She signed them that she didn't have that much money.
Man:"let's see, your husband, Mr. Ranbir Kohli is Delhi's youngest millionaire. You must have the money, don lie."
Ranbir noticed how Prachi didn't have anything to counter back.
They were still married and he did have the money, but she didn't have.
Prachi was lost in her thought.

Man:"what's there to think, Mrs. Kohli? You need the video and we need the money."
Ranbir, looking at Prachi:"how much?"
She looked at him.

The men smirked at each other and told Ranbir an amount.
He nodded and went upstairs. Prachi also followed him.

In his room:
He was searching his cheque book. And finally got it but it was snatched. He turned to see Prachi.
She nodded no to him.
Ranbir:"give it back."
She once again nodded no and signed him why he wanted to pay.
Ranbir:"they are blackmailing you."
She looked on and he knew he had to elaborate.
Ranbir:"obviously the video is important for you, that's why."

He tried to take the cheque book but she moved it behind her back and once again nodded no.
Ranbir:"give it to me."
She moved away from him.
Ranbir:"don't be stubborn, i will pay them once and for all. You will get the video."
She didn't give it to him. 

Knowing that she won't give it back, he tried to take it from her hands but she backed off. They kept this for a while until Prachi hit the wardrobe.
Ranbir came closer to her.
Ranbir:"you got no where to run now."
They both looked at each other. A knock on the door brought them back to reality.

He quickly took the cheque book from her and rushed out of the room.
The EM was the one who knocked.

Ranbir went downstairs followed by Prachi.

To those men, Ranbir:"the company's name?"
Man:"on our name."
Ranbir wrote their names and signed. He gave it to them.
Ranbir:"video?"
Man:"that will be for next week."
They left smirking from there. Prachi left angrily from there.

Ranbir stopped the EM and questioned him about those guys.
The EM noticed his concern for Prachi and told him everything that he knew.
He left from there.

Ranbir, to himself:"this is a security company. Why does Prachi want CCTV footage of some place?"
He fished out his phone from his pocket and called someone.

He headed to his room after the call and was about to change.
Prachi came there and threw certain jewelry boxes on the bed.
He was confused as hell.
Ranbir:"what is this?"
She handed him a note and he read it.
"I told you i don't want your pity and less your money. It's all i have for now, i will repay you later on."
Ranbir looked at her.
Ranbir:"i don't need all of this. And i am not pitying you. You need the video and i have the money, that's it."
Prachi quickly typed something on her phone.
"I don't need your money and you interfering in my life."
Ranbir:"they can be dangerous, Prachi."
She again typed.
"It shouldn't matter to you."

Ranbir, angrily:"but it does."
He calmed down.
Ranbir:"do you trust me?" He asked her suddenly but Prachi with a neutral face nodded no.

He was taken aback by her response, he didn't expect her to straightforwardly nod no. He did feel bad and couldn't say anything in return.
Prachi left from there.

He couldn't stop her, it was hurting, every part of him.
She didn't trust him.
He should have know it. But it hurt.

"Even you didn't trust her, she also felt bad and worst than that."
His conscience told him.

He didn't want to go out after that. He remembered everything he said to her at their last meeting. He never thought about what he said that day. Now that he thinks about it, it was harsh, each and every word of his was terrible and cruel.

Prachi was also in her room, even she was remembering all that he said to her. But she wasn't in pain.
Seeing him, him talking to her did bring out some emotions but that's it.
It started to grow on her, he will be here for some days and then leave. He will do the project with Sushma aunty. She will not see him again, he doesn't affect her.
She has been crying for days when all this happened. It hurt, everything. That's why she blocked everything.
She didn't want to feel if it was only pain. And she knew it will be only pain from that day.
Next morning:
Ranbir was in the hall along with a guy.
Guy:"i have it, so no worries. Don't you want to check it?"
Ranbir:"no, we worked together so many times, i know i can trust you."
The guy signed him to look behind. He turned to see Prachi.
Ranbir:"Prachi, he is...."
But she didn't give him the opportunity and headed towards the kitchen.
Ranbir sighed at her behaviour.

Ranbir, to himself:"we are back to square one."
The guy tapped his shoulder bringing him back to reality.
Guy:"i will give it to her once those guys are taught a lesson."
Ranbir nodded and asked him to hide there itself.

He went to the kitchen and tried to talk to her explaining her what he had planned. But she wasn't listening neither letting him talk.
At the same time, they heard voices shouting in the hall.
They both came in the hall, it was the 2 men itself.
Man:"what the hell was this?"
He threw the cheque at them.
Man:"you did a fake signature, now see what we do. Mrs. Prachi, you will never get the full footage."
Prachi tried to sign them not to do anything but Ranbir held her hands.
Ranbir:"you thought you will blackmail my wife and I will just let you."
She looked at him.
Man:"you are doing a mistake. Your wife wants this footage at any cost and because of you, it's gone forever."

Ranbir, smirking, nodded no.
Ranbir:"how much money did she give you until now?"
Man:"a lot."
Ranbir:"i hope you saved a bit for your bail. Inspector...."
The 2 men grew tensed seeing the police. And the guy from before also came there.
Men:"Sir..."
Guy:"you guys should be ashamed. You were exhorting money from someone. Forget your job, now rot in jail."
He turned to Prachi.
Guy:"i looked into their computer data base and found the footage that you want. Here."
Prachi signed him thank you.
And they all left from there.

Ranbir saw how Prachi was looking at the pendrive. He took it from her hands.
Ranbir:"let's see, what did you want so desperately?"
He plugged it in the tv and switched it on.

——-
Hope you guys like this one as well.
Any guesses what did Prachi want so desperately????