Part 11

Ranbir, baffled:"psycho..... psychogenic mu... mutism."
He recollected how Prachi didn't utter a word since he has been here. He hasn't heard her voice even once.

He took back his laptop. He clicked on the option of psychogenic mutism. The page was loading but he closed it immediately.
Ranbir, to himself:"Ranbir.... What are you thinking? Prachi.... Mu... Mutism .... No, no. You have gone mad. It's just that she doesn't want to speak to me, that's it. Nothing else."

He put the laptop away and went to wash his face. But the fact that she was not talking was bothering him. He needed to know if it was only with him or not.

He came out of his room when he bumped into someone, it was Prachi. She was about to fall but he caught her in the nick of time. He got lost in her while she had her eyes close anticipating the fall.
Once she realised that she didn't fall, she opened her eyes and stared in the brown ones of her husband.
They had an eye lock. They both froze in that moment itself. This happened to them numerous times, but this time, they got lost in each other. Neither of them wanted to step back. Prachi noticed that there was no anger in his eyes anymore but immense love for her, which she thought that she will never see again.
Ranbir noticed how she was admiring him and those eyes that was demonstrating only indifference until now was now clouded with love and longing.
Aryan was right, he had to look beyond the indifference cloud, then he will see her true feelings.

Prachi finally realised what was happening and straightened herself back to her feet. But his hands still remained around her waist holding her securely. Prachi looked at his hands and tried to wiggle herself out of his grip but he was holding her tightly, not hurting but she could not get away.
She looked at Ranbir who was still lost in her. If he could read her love and longing, he could get more from her eyes, and he was trying.
However, he was disturbed as he felt a painful pinch on his arm.
Ranbir:'Ouch, ouch.' He came out of his thoughts and looked at her.

Ranbir, in his mind:'I need to get reactions from her.'
Ranbir:'Ouch, Prachi. I saved you and stopped you from getting hurt but you are hurting me. That's not fair. Pinches fucking hurt.'
He was silently praying that she will scold him for his language but that didn't happen, neither any reaction.
Ranbir, to himself:'God... Too early to expect anything. I will have to go slow.'
Prachi was about to leave but he held her by the arms. She once again looked at his hands and then at him. He released her almost immediately.
Ranbir, awkwardly:'Ac...actually, I...I need.... your h...help.'
She still looked at him with a neutral face so he continued.
Ranbir:'I have a terrible headache, do you have any medicine?'
Prachi nodded and went to her room, Ranbir was following her.

Arriving at the doorsteps, Prachi stopped and Ranbir bumped into her. She turned to him.
Ranbir:'Why did you stop? Let's go.' He was about to go in but she stopped him by placing her palm on his chest and slightly pushed him back.
He thought about what the nurse said, that no-one was allowed inside her room.
Ranbir:'Ok, I will stay here. Even I don't want to go in your room.'
Prachi opened the room just enough so that she can get in and closed it behind her.
Ranbir chuckled at her actions.

He realised that it was the first time that he chuckled in 2 months. He redeemed himsef and grew angry in one instant. He went back to his room and locked it furiously.
Ranbir, to himself:'What the hell am I doing? Does her being sick and suffering from mental illness erase what she did to me? Am I forgetting the betrayal?
Because until now, I don't know if she did it or not.'

He heard knocks at the door.
Ranbir:'If I want to know then I must do everything.' He went to the door and opened it. Prachi was there with the pills.
He took it and was about to thank her but she left without giving him the opportunity to say anything.
He kept the medicines aside, the headache was not that bad, and plus he hated medicine. He also came down and sat on the couch watching her.
The EM came to them.
EM:'Baccha, I told you that I will leave early today. It's my grand-daughter's birthday.'
She nodded, he was about to leave but Prachi signed him to wait.