Part 22

Ranbir stood up and came to the reporters.
Ranbir:"please, you guys don't ask her anything. I told Prachi something years ago, when i said 'i love you' to her, that i will never force or pressurized her for my love. And that applies in this situation also.
I will not force her nor will let you guys pressurized her to forgive me."
Prachi wiped her tears hearing him. She tried to composed herself but in reality her emotions were a complete mess.

He went among the crowd of reporters and held Prachi's hand. He brought her on the stage.
This was the first time after 2 months that Kohlis were seeing Prachi.
Rhea was about to go to them but Pallavi stopped her.
Pallavi:"don't do anything now, there is media here."
Rhea, angrily:"but mummy, this Prachi... she trapped Ranbir once again."
Pallavi:"we will handle her later on. For now, keep quiet."

Ranbir brought Prachi on the stage.
Ranbir:"some days before, my mom made an announcement about me getting married to Rhea.
But nothing of that sort will happen.
I am already married to Prachi. Whether Prachi forgives or not, our relationship is not going to change.
Prachi was, is and will always be my wife."

He looked at Rhea and Pallavi.
Ranbir:"no-one is going to get that right ever. And me .... I am still her Kumkum and no-one can snatch that right from me, not even Prachi."

He turned to Prachi:"my mom wanted my wedding to be on my birthday, but no wedding is taking place. But... i can do one thing. Just for her happiness."
He released her hand and Dida approached them. She handed him a box.
He took it and looked at Prachi. She also noticed the vermillon box and was surprised.
He took a pinch and applied it on her forehead.
Prachi looked at him shocked and teary eyed while he smiled at her.
Dida and Aryan were happy but three people were shocked as hell, mostly one.

Ranbir:"i hope that it's once and for all clear, that I belong only to Prachi. And i won't have to repeat it."
He glared at the two women on the first table.

Ranbir:"i am sorry, i know we all gathered here for professional reasons and i turned it into a personal one. But i had to apologise to her in front of all. And this was my only option."
He placed the award back on the counter.
Ranbir:"i don't deserve this award as well. How can i accept this? I achieved a lot in my professional life but i failed in personal life."
He apologized to the organisers but they were insisting that he did deserve it. And the other people were also telling him that he should take it.

He nodded no and left the stage holding Prachi's hand.
He brought her back to the room that was assigned to him.
He said everything tonight, everything that he has been wanting to since he got to know about the truth.
But he was scared about her reaction. He knew she wasn't going to forgive him that easily and he will need to earn her trust again.
He was scared for another thing, he filled her forehead without asking her. What if she didn't want this.
He sat besides her on the bed.
Ranbir, nervously:"Prachi.... I am sorry if you felt bad for anything that i did outside. I didn't even ask your permission before...." He pointed to her forehead.
Prachi was about to sign him but the door bursted open.
Kohli family came there along with Aryan.
Rhea, angrily:"what the hell was this, Ranbir?"
Ranbir:"what?"
Rhea:"you know what i am asking."
Ranbir:"no i don't."
Rhea:"the stunt you pulled outside."
Ranbir:"that was the truth."
Rhea:"we were getting married tonight in fact in one hour."
Prachi looked at Ranbir shocked. He knew her reaction and just reassured by a sign.

Ranbir:"did I ever say yes for the wedding? Because as far as I remember, i always refused. But you guys are the one who planned this as a birthday present."
Rhea and Pallavi exchanged looks.

Rhea:"all this is happening because of this Prachi."
She came to her.
Rhea:"what stories you told Ranbir that he got trapped again?"
She angrily held Prachi by the arm hurting her.
Ranbir:"Rhea...."
He pulled her away from Prachi.
Ranbir, angrily and threateningly:"Stay away from her."
Rhea startled at his tone while Vikram and Pallavi were shocked.