"Thank you for that night," Derek told her. It surprised Jennifer, not knowing what he meant. "You knew that Willow was in danger, so you did something about it. You didn't run or leave to let her fend for herself down there."

"Of course. I care about all of my students' safety."

"Well, caring about Willow's safety is the quickest way to earn any of our trust."

And that was just what Jennifer needed if she was to succeed. Their trust.

☽︎

Willow found herself in the boys' locker room at the request of Coach Finstock. While waiting for the rest of the lacrosse team to arrive, she stayed by Scott and Stiles at their lockers, doing her best to keep her head down and not see anything she wasn't meant to.

Scott was informing the two about a boy who disappeared from the animal clinic the night before, leaving behind his dog and everything.

"I looked everywhere," Scott told them. "It's like he just walked away. Left his car, his dog."

"Okay. Was he, like... could he have been a virgin maybe?" Stiles asked. Apparently, three people had been killed now and all of them were virgins. How Stiles learned that, Willow didn't want to know. "Did he look like a virgin? Was he, you know, virginal?"

"No, definitely not. Deaton makes me have sex with all of his clients. It's a new policy," Scott joked. He and Willow laughed, but Stiles wasn't impressed, so Scott sighed. "No, I don't know if he was a virgin. And why are you talking like he's already dead? He's just missing."

"Missing and presumed dead because he's probably a virgin, Scott. And you know who else is a virgin?" Stiles asked. "Me. I'm a virgin, okay? And you know what that means? It means that my lack of sexual experience is now literally a threat to my life. Okay, I need to have sex, like, right now. Someone needs to have sex with me, like, today. Like, someone needs to sex me right now!"

Suddenly the locker next to them slammed shut, revealing Danny who had overheard the end of their conversation. He looked at Stiles with a confident smirk.

"All right, I'll do it."

"What?" Stiles asked in disbelief.

"Come to my place at nine. Plan to stay the night. I like to cuddle," he told him.

"Oh. That was so sweet," Stiles said, touched by the offer. "Are you kidding?"

Danny scoffed and shook his head. "Yes, I'm kidding."

"Okay, you know, you don't toy with a guy's emotions like that, Danny. It's not attractive, all right?" Stiles complained as Danny walked off. Then his eyes settled on Willow. "Are you—"

"Stiles," Scott hissed, not believing that he was about to ask Willow that.

"Not that it's any of your business, but yes, Stiles," Willow said, her cheeks pink. "However, I think the looming threat from the Alpha pack is a little more important than whoever is killing virgins."

"W - well what if you and I just—"

"Oh my God, Derek's gonna kill you if he finds out," Scott said, shaking his head. "You are actively digging your grave right now."

"I'm - I'm gonna find Coach," Willow said, unable to even look at Stiles after that. He was letting himself get far too worried and he never would've suggested something like that under normal circumstances.

"Mr. Lahey, happy to have you back. Not happy that you're late," Coach said when Isaac came into the locker room. Willow followed the sound of his voice until she found him.