Prologue chapter 3: backstabbed.

6:00am.

"Ring" "Ring"

Luca wakes up out of a dead sleep to answer the phone.

Luca: hello?

Anna: Get to the hospital NOW!

Luca: calm down, what's goin on?

Anna: Someone killed my father!

Luca: shit, I'm on my way!

Less than 2 hours after we left the hospital, someone walked in and murdered the Don of Queens. And it took a few hours for anyone to discover it. One of the detectives told us the killer must've used some type of jagged edge Knife, judging by the messy cut. It was oddly specific but better than nothing.

Anna was too upset to think about who'd done it. She just sat outside trying not to cry her eyes out.

Anna: I should've been here... if I hadn't left, I could've saved him.

Luca: non of us couldn't expected this. They waited till we were vulnerable. All staying there would've done is gotten you hurt, too.

Anna: at least I would've had more time with him.

Luca: we're gonna find who did this.

Anna: how? Nothing about this makes sense!

Luca: they handled this professionally but it's wasn't clean. We'll find em.

Buddy: we're sorry about what happened, Anna. If you anything, let us know.

Rocky: yeah, we're here for ya.

Anna: thanks, guys. But, I think everyone should go home for today. I just want to be alone right now.

That's exactly what we did. We all went home and thought about what the fuck just happened. Without the Don it was only a matter of time before guys start gunning for us. Someone was gonna make a move, we just didn't know when.

The next day, we all met at another warehouse near cypress hills since the original warehouse was nearly destroyed. Anna stood in her father's office the whole time working on something. We all just sat there and debated what would happen next?

Dante: let's be honest, how the fuck does this end?

Buddy: how does what end?

Dante: this. Us! How does it end?

Johnny: probably a grave, if we're being honest.

Dante: I think this crew will die long before we reach the grave.

Luca: for Christ's sake, would you all relax? This crew isn't gonna die!

Dante: what makes you so sure? Look around! You see anything good?

Luca: you know what I see? I see a bunch of low lives. Some vulnerability thugs with one foot in the grave, with little to no hope of survival. But that's the thing! I've already been there before so I know there's a way out!

Johnny: and what's that?

Luca: the hard way. We gotta build ourselves back up again. Get some more guys, some more guns and fix up our defenses. It'll take time but it'll work!

Dante so let me get this straight... the Don dies and suddenly we're taking orders from a rookie? You weren't even here a week ago! We have a better chance taking orders from Boston!

Boston: LEAVE ME ALONE, MAN! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I SAW!!!

Dante: you see what I mean! If we take orders from him, we might well die now!