Chapter 59

"I can't live here! I'm not a werewolf and I don't want to join you guys like this. I either want to be one of you or on my death bed," Henry ranted as Ajax carried Henry toward the pack house. It didn't matter the young blonde kept protesting and struggling uselessly, slung over Ajax's shoulder even though Milly told him not to bully the injured, Ajax walked into the house with Henry and carried him all the way up the stairs to one of the empty rooms down the hall where he was dumped on a bed. "Hey! You can't just force me to-" All words ceased as Ajax got right up in Henry's face and smiled a little too thinly.

"I can and have. Enjoy the room," Ajax said with a final tone that left no negotiations or objections. Then he stood up and walked out the door, leaning into the doorway with a truly cheery smile. "You want spaghetti or hamburgers for dinner tonight? Sick or injured people get top pickings," Ajax asked with a big bright smile on his face, Henry gawking back at him, when a frying pan flew through the air and hit Ajax in the head who crumpled to the ground with a loud cry and an even louder thud as his body hit the floor.

"Will you act nicely! I'm going to go up there and hit you if you don't apologize!" Milly raged, pissed off and started ranting while Mason carefully crawled up the stairs on his hands and knees and quietly snuck into Henry's room who was trembling on the bed still in shock from witnessing the frying pan attack.

"I thought that only happened in the movies," Henry whispered after Mason quietly closed the door and scrambled over to the bed.

"I've seen it happen once or twice before in my travels but usually in a restaurant scene like an angry fry cook or quarrelling spouses," Mason said with a chuckle before sitting on Henry's bed and slowly looked over at the blonde who was staring at the floor. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here. If you don't, I'm here too. Whatever you need," Mason said and bumped shoulders with Henry, willing to sit quietly until Henry was ready... who was ready now apparently because he turned and flopped on top of Mason who fell with a yelp onto the pillow.

"I hate her," Henry choked out and Mason could feel the hot wet tears soaking into his shirt as his friend buried his face into his stomach and wrapped his arms around Mason's waist. "I just want to scream at her so much," Henry breathed, shoulder's shaking and they both stayed like that all night long not saying a word.

Not a wink of sleep, staying still, and both watched the sun's light fall through the window against the adjacent wall from the bed as morning came. Henry cried until he couldn't anymore and Mason gently stroked his hair, careful of the bandage around Henry's head, until the door cracked open a little to reveal Milly. She slipped into the room and gently sat on the edge of the bed with a bowl of oatmeal she set on a small wooden end table at the edge of the bed. She rubbed Henry's back with soothing words, sitting quietly with the boys until Ajax called her for a doctors appointment for the baby. Mason and Henry stayed inside all day, Mason encouraging Henry to eat his oatmeal who nibbled at it, and before they knew it night had fallen once again. There was nothing to speak about, just comfortable silence...

--------------------

"How dare you!" Henry gasped, scandalized by the look of it as he glared at Mason who rolled his eyes with an exasperated scoff.

"You cannot be serious. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard," Mason said and threw a pen at Henry from the pile of papers on the coffee table where Stephanie had dumped her party supplies before taking off suddenly ten minutes later to get fitted for her party dress. "Pirates are way cooler than astronauts. You get to go treasure hunting and on cool adventures but in space, you get to float around like a balloon and look at space rocks or fix their own machines. It's incomparable which one is the cooler profession," Mason said like it was the most obvious thing in the world but Henry was already shaking his head before Mason even finished speaking.