Chapter 56

12/23/21 Alright people! Thanks to family stuff and holiday affairs, I shall be busy and won't be able to post for a while which shouldn't be too hard to deal with since my posting time has been (cough cough) not great lol but I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all and to all I give you this chapter. Enjoy~

"So this is the library," Mason said and let out a slightly irritated sigh, drumming his fingers on Hunter's back with his elbow propped up holding his chin up staring at Nicholas and Stephanie who were trailing behind Hunter who had thrown Mason over his shoulder and carried him all the way through town. He said it was to keep track of the red head but Mason was pretty sure it was to make sure he didn't run away which, if he was being honest with himself the longer they hung out together, was becoming more and more of a possibility. "I work here part time and there's a fair amount of people who come to visit, more so on school days. Mostly kids walking from the elementary school, a few middle and high schoolers, and at least three to five adults looking for something to read. You want to go through our checkout list? See who rented out what book and when they'll come back to return them?" Mason asked and started to squirm again, feeling Hunter's shoulder digging into his waist which was not the most comfortable thing in the world but the brunette wouldn't let him down so there Mason stayed on Hunter's shoulder like a parrot though this ones attitude was slowly growing in confidence ignoring the alpha superiority between them. "Will you put me down!" Mason snapped and started to kick his legs.

"I can still smell them clear as day in here so they've definitely been here. Have you seen anyone really attractive come in here who's absolutely adorable and would love me?" Hunter asked, sniffing around when Mack, the other part timer, popped up from behind the counter with a funny look and a small stack of books in his arms which he set on the counter.

"Interesting place to pick up chicks but respect man. Smart girls can be hot too," Mack said and lifted his arm for a fist bump which Hunter bumped absentmindedly before wandering aimlessly throughout the library with a struggling red head over his shoulder.

"So they aren't here so I guess we should check the school next," Nicholas said with a shrug and a yawn, Stephanie nodding along with him though whether she actually heard him or not wasn't clear but she followed him very closely and would stare at him and quickly looking away whenever he turned her way. "Come on, dude, and can you please put the runt down? People are going to start thinking we kidnapped him or something," Nicholas muttered and held open the door for them, Stephanie flushing pink and Hunter slipping through the door with Mason hanging limp in defeat and started muttering under his breath about becoming an accessory for the young alpha when Mack peeked out the library door while the three teens talked amongst one another about where to look if they couldn't find Hunter's mate at the school.

"Psst! Hey Mason, what's going on? Who are these guys and do you want me to save them from you cause I think I could take one of them down for you if you want. I was on the wrestling team in middle school and even went to nationals," Mack whispered, eyeing Hunter from behind sizing him up by the looks of it.

Mason snorted, knowing that Mack would be taken down in a matter of seconds and that all three werewolves around them could hear them even if Mack had been as quiet as a mouse. "I'm good. We're just trying to find someone and it's taking a little while but thanks. I'll be back around three or four for work so let Charles know for me," Mason said and propped his arm on Hunter's back again and started drumming his fingers on Hunter's back again when the brunette shrugged his shoulder, adjusting his grip on Mason, causing Mason to flop faceplanting into Hunter's back who let out an irritated groan. "If you notice me still up here after twenty minutes, wrestle away," Mason grumbled just before they group moved away and he waved to Mack who waved back now eyeing Nicholas before slipping back into the library.