Chapter 53

"So how are we getting out of this party?" Rory whispered, glancing at the door even though he knew the house was soundproof for privacy for those with super hearing but he stilled eyed the door suspiciously like he was afraid someone was pressing their ear against the door listening in on them. Henry was laying on the bed, hugging the pillow to his chest looking ready to take a nap even as Mason in his little wolf form was climbing all over him and was currently crawling on top of Henry's head biting at his hair. "You two sure adapted well to our pack life, all relaxed and unconcerned with the mini alpha mating ritual cult party forming downstairs as we speak," Rory said with a chuckle who was sitting on the floor.

The bed was offered to him so they could all sit down, Mason even shifting to make more room, but he thought it was uncomfortable sitting on someone else's bed. Plus, mingling scents in a werewolf's territory, even just their sleeping area, could agitate their wolf into attacking though Mason didn't seem to mind who sprawled out over Henry's eyes and relaxed even as Henry giggled feeling Mason's fur tickling his skin. The three of them had been relaxing in there for the afternoon, mostly hiding from Stephanie who seemed to be on the war path to make sure the party is perfection or she'd force the drones- her friends she had within the Mune pack to make sure everyone was staying in line and getting everything done for the party. She already made she Ajax and Milly were on her side, both a little giddy to throw a party for their son because they hadn't seen him in so long and because Ajax found Nicholas's misery funny. For the moment, she was playing organizer with the outside crew with everything on the lawn so the boys felt they were safe for the meantime. Nicholas had managed to get away after his fitting, disappearing without a trace... literally! Somehow masked his smell and shut off his pack link with everyone and disappeared into town.

"I don't think we can skip the party even if we wanted to since we're part of the birthday celebration. Still don't think I'm worthy to celebrate with two alphas, a possible luna, and just werewolves in general but I'm honored," Henry said with a shrug of his shoulders, reaching up to scratch Mason's back who yawned cutely when a thought occurred to him and he gently pinched Mason's scruff and lifted him up to set Mason on his chest. "Do you know Stephanie's brother? The other alpha that'll be celebrating with us," Henry asked, Mason too out of it to care who nuzzled Henry's chest enjoying his natural body warmth.

"Yeah but that was a while ago. I think he was thirteen at the time and, as far as I know, he's the exact opposite of Nicholas. He's more of the chivalrous type then the one to care about strength," Rory said with a shrug, reaching over to pet Mason and both boys chuckled as Mason opened his eyes and rolled over to play with their hands and kicking at their fingers. "Little cutie," Rory said with a chuckle, giggling as Mason's little mouth clamped over the pad of his finger.

"You think he's different now like Nicholas? I heard he hasn't found his mate either so... does that mean he turned mean too?" Henry asked and actually looked a little concerned, staring down at Mason who was the oblivious little puppy to focused on playtime to care about anything else. "We've already got one angry alpha brat sculking around. I don't know how if I could handle another without snapping and Mason's already antsy with Nicholas alone being all aggressive for no reason. Well, other than the mate thing, but still," Henry said with a sigh and slid to the floor, setting Mason down between them so the little wolf could run around which it did happily.

"Maybe. It might be in a different way or similar but we won't know until he gets here so I wouldn't worry about it. He's Nicholas's best friend so they'll probably sulk around one another," Rory said with a chuckle when the door opened revealing Ajax.

"Dinner time boys. Rory, you staying for a meal? We've got plenty of food," Ajax said with a smile, kneeling down as Mason scrambled over to him who giddily barked and started nipping at his fingers.