Chapter 25

"Help," Mason thought desperately, praying to whatever god was listening to him at this moment but either none were none around or they weren't in the helping mood because Mason still found himself in the passenger seat of the muddy truck that smelled like cigarettes and booze along with the stench of mud coming from the young man sitting next to him. Mason could barely smell the werewolf underneath with all the mud covering him from head to toe, even chunks in his hair which weighed it down in certain places. "Why am I here? How'd he even know I was a werewolf in his pack? Did he sniff out anyone in town just so he could sneak inside the pack?" Mason wondered as he looked over at Nick when their eyes met for a split second before Mason quickly looked ahead of them again as they continued down the road.

"Stop looking at me or I'll sock you in the jaw," Nick growled which made Mason tremble all over who scooted away from the young man. Nick scoffed and chuckled to himself, pulling down the road that would lead to the pack house which had Mason's heart hammering in his chest. "What kind of man are you that you're going to tremble in place just from a few orders?" Nick asked with a sneer which had Mason glancing at him.

"What kind of man are you for asking me to help you sneak into your own home?" Mason grumbled to himself but he couldn't speak even if he wanted to, to tell this guy off for making fun of him when he was clearly scared of the young Alpha sitting next to him. Nick had given him an order not to talk and to help him which Mason couldn't refuse. It was an Alpha's order and he had to obey. Even the strongest werewolf in the world would struggle to refuse an Alpha's command and Mason, needless to say, was not a strong werewolf, especially being an Omega himself. "How do I get out of this?" Mason though glumly, whimpering a little when he saw the pack house only for the truck to suddenly pull over a whole block away on the road.

"Listen to me and listen well, little runt," Nick's voice ground out but it sounded more growly as he grabbed Mason's chin and forced the red head to look at him. Mason's eyes widened as the red glow of the Alpha eyes washed over him and he whimpered as he grabbed onto Nick's hand and tried to pull his face away uselessly as Nick glared down at him as his new command washed over the young Omega. "You will stay as quiet as you can possibly be and help me into the house. If anyone sees you, I want you to tell them that you arrived late coming home and will go straight to your room. You will stay there until morning and act like you never saw me. Got it?" Nick said coolly and smiled almost sweetly at the end but there was no kindness in his smile as he stared down at Mason who found himself nodding his head against his will before his chin was released and they both slipped out of the truck.

"How'd I get caught up in this mess?" Mason whined in his head as he found himself leading the way to the house.

Both boys carefully snuck their way toward the house, Nick looking around them to make sure there weren't any wandering people about who could spot them, and they both made their way around to the backdoor of the house. Entering the house, it led into a long hallway with a large laundry room with two sets of washing and drying machines inside and a table where to fold them or iron. Further down the hallway were bedrooms, most of which were unoccupied since mostly everyone lived in their own houses inside the territory, which opened out into the dining main room where the living room, dining room, and kitchen were. Mason crept up the stairs carefully, listening around them for any noises that would alert them to anything going around them, but it was very quiet. There wasn't a sound throughout the house and they both made it up the stairs and down the hall, rounding the corner which moved to a dead end with several doors along the walls. At the very end of the hall was the door leading to the Alpha's room where Ajax and Milly slept in but the only one that should be in the house would be Milly since Ajax's truck wasn't out front when they had arrived.

"Did he go to pick me up?" Mason wondered though he wasn't supposed to be home for another hour. "I hope Henry got home okay."

"Remember, runt," Nick hissed quietly, suddenly gripping the back of Mason's hair like the scruff of a dog which had Mason whimpering with pain as his hair was pulled. "You never saw me, you walked home all on your own, and you will tell no one of our encounter," Nick growled at Mason, his blue eyes flashing red for a split second before releasing the other boy who nearly stumbled before catching his balance.