That Perfect Thing Has Always Been A Lie

The Avaricious Champion (Male GreedLing Reader x Arcane)

Opening:

Part 4

Y/N's body fell deeper in the waters, his blood bleeding as he fell even deeper. Just then, streaks of red lightning appeared on his back and his wounds were miraculously healed.

After what felt like a few minutes, he opens his eyes and a gasp for air is heard. The calming waters were silent for a while until, Y/N rises up to the surface, gasping for air and looking around. He

He swims towards the nearest ledge and pulls himself up until he got out of the waters. Y/N laid his back on the ground panting heavily, wondering how long he was in drowning in the waters.

Then, he remembered the events before. Fighting off Deckard, protecting his Vi and Vander then..the monkey bomb. The explosion. And then, Vander...

Y/N gasps as he remembered and get up before running his way to the warehouse, hoping that they were alright.

Y/N's thoughts:*Vi, Vander, Mylo, Claggor...please be okay. Please be-"

His thoughts were soon cut off and he comes to a stop when he sees the warehouse on fire. Y/N gasps, rushes to the warehouse and looks around to see if any of his friends were there.

Y/N:"*yelling* Vi! Vander! Claggor! Mylo! Are you there?"

There was no response and Y/N was already growing worried. He takes a deep breath and was about to head inside when Greed's voice speaks up.

Greed:"They're not there, kid."

Y/N:"*stops and looks shocked* What?"

Greed:"I hate to break this to you, kid...but, they're dead."

Y/N's eyes widened and felt his heart drop as Greed said that.

Y/N:"No...no that..that can't be. How do you know?"

Greed:"I saw it all."

Y/N:"You're lying. They're still in there. I have to-"

He stops when his eyes caught something. It was almost hard to notice it but he somehow managed to notice it. Y/N takes a closer, knelt down and to his horror, it was Claggor's goggles, except they were broken and splattered with blood.

Greed:"I'm not lying, kid. They're dead."

Y/N:"No. No..no, no, no, no, this can't be. They're still in there. They have to be in there!"

Greed:"Quit being so stubborn! You have to go back now!"

Y/N:"Back to..."

He stops to think for a moment and remembered someone.

Y/N:"Powder."

Y/N then rushes his way back to Zaun. He ran as fast as he can but was thinking what he could say to Powder. How could she take the news that her sister and her friends are now dead? How would she feel?

Tears started to stream down his eyes as he kept running. He couldn't bear the thought of them dead. How could he lost them in just one night? Y/N hoped that this was a dream but it wasn't. Knowing that, he had to find some answers but as of now, he needs to protect the only family that he has left: Powder.