Welcome To The Playground

The Avaricious Champion (Male GreedLing Reader x Arcane)

Part 1

It was dark. A void of nothingness was the only thing visible in the mind until it all began glitching and flashing scenes started playing.

Flashes of fire and chaos are seen and screams of people are heard as more flashes are shown. Troops killing people and all of them fled away from the chaos that is ensuing around them.

Then, an older man grabbed a little boy's arm as they ran away along with an older woman

???:"Y/N! Run now!"

???:"Whatever happens to us, remember that we will always love you."

Another flash showed, showing a red face and a withered background.

???:"*laughing* While I do like how ambitious you are, just don't try and change your mind."

Another showed and this time it showed three people chasing after someone. They were blurred and most of their features aren't exactly shown.

They kept running until it suddenly flashes to an explosion which fends off the mysterious trio which then brings back to the silent void of darkness.

Just then, a voice began calling out through the darkness.

???:"Y/N!"

It was a female's voice and it kept calling.

???:"Y/N!"

The voice then got louder.

???:"Y/N!"

Both eyes opened and Y/N began panting heavily as a pink-haired girl looked at him with concern.

Y/N:"Vi?"

Vi:"You were squirming aggressively and grunting loudly. Are you okay?"

Y/N:"*sitting up* Yeah...yeah, I'm fine. It's just a bad dream again, that's all."

Vi:"That's the seventh time that's happened and you keep telling me it's just a bad dream. Maybe it's more than that?"

Y/N:"*sighs* Geez, you worry too much. I appreciate it but I'm alright. Really. *gets off his bed and walks away* C'mon, time to wake the others up."

Vi sighs and walks away to wake up her friends and sister. Y/N enters the bathroom where he began washing his face.

Once he is finished, he lifts his head up and stares at his reflection. It's been a few months, or at least he felt like it was a few months, since he's been in the Under City and taken under the care of a man named Vander who was in control of the city.

Other than him, there were other kids who were under Vander's care as well. Namely, Mylo, Claggor, Vi and Powder.  Before he was under their care, Y/N had developed amnesia.

He couldn't remember a single thing before he was in Zaun other than his own name, of course. But it didn't really matter to him now that he is with a group of people whom he called family.

However, he would then experience these...nightmares. He couldn't explain how or why is he getting them but deep inside, he felt like they meant something.

Was it something from his past or was it something else entirely? He wasn't sure. Y/N hung his head down and sighed deeply.

Y/N:"What is going on with me?"

After taking some time, he dries up his face and steps outside the bathroom.

***