9~ Pink Flower Field

(Y/n) had spent the better part of the morning lazing around. There hadn't been much else to do besides train, and she was planning on doing some later in the day.

For the time being, she laid in her room, sleeping in as long as her body would let her.

When Katara knocked on her door and scolded her for "wasting the day away", (Y/n) finally decided to get up.

(Y/n) walked out to the main area where the group had been eating their meals and having their fires. There was a small piles of fruit laid out on a blanket, and she picked up an apple.

She was about to bite into it, then it was ripped from her hand. She bit her finger instead.

"Ow, fuck!" (Y/n) looked at her finger, which was now bleeding from the force of her bite. She looked to Sokka, who was smiling triumphantly at the apple in his hand.

"You couldn't have grabbed a different apple?" (Y/n) asked, annoyed.

"I just like seeing the look on your face." Sokka smirked.

(Y/n) held her bloodied finger up to show him.

"How was I supposed to know you'd try and eat yourself?" Sokka asked, grabbing her wrist to bring her hand closer to his face. "Want me to kiss it better, princess?"

(Y/n) stuck her tongue out and rolled her eyes. "Ugh, don't call me that. Couldn't hurt to humble you, though."

Sokka lightly kissed the tip of her finger, careful to avoid any blood. "Feel better now?"

"Definitely." (Y/n) used some water from a canteen to wash the blood from her finger, and picked up another apple to eat.

She walked with Sokka through the temple, towards some frustrated yelling, no doubt coming from Zuko.

Zuko stood in front of Aang, who sat on a rock watching him. Zuko was supposed to start Aang's firebending lessons today, and they didn't sound like they were going well.

"Hey, jerks," Sokka said, sitting down on the ground. (Y/n) stayed standing, munching on her apple. "Mind if I watch you two jerks do your jerk-bending?"

(Y/n) kicked Sokka lightly in the hip.

"Get out of here." Zuko commanded.

"Okay, take it easy. I was just kidding around." Sokka stood, and (Y/n) decided to follow him out.

Sokka chuckled. "Jerk-bending. Still got it."

(Y/n) spent the rest of her day training, exhausting nearly every challenging training method she could. She got Katara and Toph to help her with target movement, increasing the difficulty as the day went on.

Once the sun started to set, (Y/n) and Katara started dinner. By the time it was dark out, everyone was gathered around the fire with warm soup bowls in hand.

Zuko came into the light of fire, the orange glow from below casting shadows around his eyes.

"Listen, everybody. I've got some pretty bad news. I've lost my stuff."

Toph throws he hands up. "Don't look at me. I didn't touch your stuff."

She totally went through Zuko's stuff.

"I'm talking about my firebending," Zuko hung his head low. "It's gone."

Katara laughs. "I'm sorry, i'm just laughing at the irony. You know, how it would've been nice for us if you'd lost your firebending a long time ago?"

"Well, it's not lost. It's just...weaker for some reason."

"Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are." Katara spits.