CHAPTER 10

Stoick yelled for his son, but you were forgotten. Your mother had died before you arrived to the scene so no one was there to search for you. You were under Glacier's wing, far from Hiccup and Toothless.

Your shoulder was bleeding and head throbbing as you woke up.

"Glacier," you mumbled, sitting up. "How long has it been?"

"Days," you heard a warm voice.

You looked around. "Who's there?!"

"It's me, Glacier," the friendly voice said.

"Oh," you realised. "How can I understand you?"

"Some of the blood from the Red Death mixed into yours," she explained.

"Okay," you said. "Where are the others?"

She looked down. "They left. Astrid looked for you for a bit of time but assumed you were dead when she didn't find us."

"They- they left me?" you asked, left hand grazing over the blood on your right shoulder, making you realise the bleeding must've stopped long ago. "Guess it's just you and me now, huh?"

She nodded sadly. "Yes."

"We should go," you said. "Not back to Berk though. Everyone thinks we're gone."

She nodded again, allowing you to get on her back. The saddle wasn't completely broken but it was a bit burned from here and there.

"Let's go, girl. Let's find a home."

[THE END OF BOOK 1]