CHAPTER 6

You nodded. "Yeah."

Hiccup's popularity increased in training, making meals more chaotic and Astrid more furious. You still kept low though, because you didn't want to be the one to kill the dragon and you were scared that being too good would give your secret away. And you didn't want to lose your first true friend.

One day, when you were flying with Glacier again, you heard screaming. "Hiccup! Get me down from here!"

You smirked and lowered yourself on the nearest tree, continuing to watch the scene.

"At least give me a chance to explain," he said.

Oh! you realised. He got caught.

"I am not listening to anything you have to say!" Astrid explained.

"Well then I advise you to keep your mouth shut," you said, floating beside her.

"You too?!" she asked. "Weirdos!"

"Then I won't speak," Hiccup tried to compromise. "Just let me show you."

Without another word, Astrid climbed on Toothless' back.

"Oh boy," you muttered, looking at Toothless. "This will be interesting."

You watched with a smirk as Astrid almost fell off. I don't get why Hiccup's so nice to her... She's been acting very bad to him this entire time. She's treated everyone like they were lower than her.

"Toothless, what are you doing, we need her to like us!" Hiccup scolded.

Yeah, that's a fair point, you thought. Guess I'll have to let any negative feelings go then.

You led Glacier to fly under them, just in case Astrid fell.

"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."

You laughed, finding the situation slightly amusing.

And bam, as soon as Astrid apologised, Toothless started flying normally, allowing you to rise next to them.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" you asked Astrid as she was baffled by the views and feeling of flying.

"Yeah," she said quietly.

You smiled. Well maybe she isn't that bad.

You five flew in silence through the breathtaking clouds and above the clouds where northern lights shone.

You looked at the view you had already seen a few times - Berk. It looked so peaceful from up there, you wished it would be true.

Suddenly, Glacier and Toothless both started getting nervous, making you lower yourself against Glacier and separate from Toothless slightly. You hummed the lullaby to her, calming her down a bit while looking at the dragons gathering around you.

You were in awe, but at the same time you were pretty terrified. "Promise we'll live, Glacier," you said quietly, raising your hand above her snout. She quietly put her snout against your hand, making your nerves calm down a bit. Neither of you had broken a promise to each other before.

Soon, you reached something that seemed to be a volcano and Glacier flew in along with the other dragons. She positioned herself on a pillar right next to Toothless so you could watch.

"Oh it's satisfying to know that all of our food has been dumped down a hole," Hiccup said.

"I doubt that's it," you said quietly, startling the ones next to you. "Relax, it's just us," you said with a smile.

"Yeah," Hiccup said, relief in his voice. "Just you."

A huge dragon ate a Gronckle that apparently didn't bring enough. You were immediately on alert.

"Glacier," you said. "Rise slightly and fly us back as soon as you sense too much danger."

She nodded, flapping her wings so you rose a few meters into the air.

As the head rose from the mist again, Glacier zipped it out of there, Hiccup, Toothless and Astrid right after you two.

"G'night, Hiccup, Astrid. Good night Toothless," you wished after a silent ride before departing them near the island. Hiccup still didn't know where your hideout was and you planned to keep it that way.

You hopped off of Glacier. "Good girl," you praised, patting her head. "You got us out of there just in time."

She smiled at you, nuzzling her head to your shoulder.

"Good night to you too, buddy," you said with a smile. "See you tomorrow."