Chapter 45

(Katie's POV)

"Who are you guys?" I ask them slipping my hands from the two tall guys, all of them go dumbfounded and look at me like I'm crazy.

"Katie?" The tall one with brown hair beside me ask.

"Is that me? Am I Katie? I don't know who I am or where I am, please help." I whisper loudly enough for them to hear.

"Well, I'm your brother Cameron." The one with brown hair, who's name I guess is Cameron says sniffly and sits beside me with teary eyes, I nod and look to the other guy beside me.

"And I'm your boyfriend, Matthew." The one with dirty blonde hair says.

"No you're not." I say and he gives me a strange look, he looks down and I look at the rest of the guys in my room.

"Hey blue eyes, I remember you!" I smile looking at the familiar face made me happy.

"Really?" He laughs walking to the end of my bed teary eyed as well.

"Yeah, your Nash, Hayes' brother."

"You remember Hayes?" My "boyfriend" Matthew asks me with a sad face, I smile and nod, as he frowns down at our hands.

"Wait how do you remember Hayes and not me?" Cameron asks me, I shrug and take a look at my alleged boyfriend.

"You're cute, but you're not my boyfriend Hayes is, because we were swimming together last thing I remember." I say putting my fingers to my temples as my heads starts to pound, probably from all this remembering, Cameron stands up and my doctor walks in.

"You need to explain this now." Cameron says raising his voice to the doctor while pointing at me.

"The shelf, plus the impact onto the floor knocked Katilyn unconscious, usually when someone wakes up from unconsciousness, they suffer with short term memory loss, now we have to run some tests to see if it actually is short term and not long term, but other than that it should fade." The doctor explains.

"How long will it take to "fade"." Cameron says angrily putting air quotes beside fade.

"It depends on you guys." The doctor shrugs and walks over to me.

"Hi Katilyn, I'm your doctor, and I'm here to take you to the scanning room, so can you please stand up for me." He says softly moving away from the bed, I nod and slowly get up and start to think where is Hayes anyway?

(Hayes' POV)

My eyes finally allow me to push them open and I see Nash standing beside my bed crying.

"Nash?" I croak out.

"Hayes! Oh my god I was so scared." He sniffles hugging me tight.

"Little lighter would ya?" I chuckle as he loosens his grip on me.

"Is Katie okay?" I ask him, he gives me a look of sympathy before looking down to the ground.

"Is she?" I ask raising my voice, he shakes his head and I shatter in pieces.

"She lost her memory Hayes." He says continuing but not looking up, I start to cry and just tone everything out, It's my fault Katie is hurt, it's my fault we even got in the damn pool, she lost her memory because of me.

"Hayes?" I hear snapping from my thoughts, I look over to the doorway and see Madi.

"Madi can you not?" I snap at her angrily.

"Hayes I'm sorry, I didn't-" She begins to plead but Nash cuts her off.

"Madi you need to leave." Nash states getting up.

"Nash c'mon please just let me talk to him." She begs, Nash gives me a questioning look and I shake my head no, I don't need anybody but Katie, Madi starts to cry and leaves the room and Nash sits back beside me.

"Were you even listening to me?" Nash asks me, I shake my head and he rolls his eyes.

"Hayes, dude she remembers you, as her boyfriend." He says, making me laugh which hurts.

"Ow, jeez, are you sure?" I ask him recovering from my laughing pain, he nods and I look down at my wrist smiling, I notice the bracelet Katie and I got together, it seems a little girly, but it's a sign for something important to us, we got it the day we were in New York, they say "Together Forever, Never Apart" I'll never forget that day, especially because she said something so special to me that I'll never forget.

~Flashback~

"Ooo, Hayes, look there is a bracelet stand, let's get some, you know bff bracelets." She smiles pointing at a little shack on the sidewalk.

"That's a little too girly." I laugh shaking my head.

"Oh well." She smiles, and takes my hand leading me to the shack.

She immediately starts looking at all of them, I smile because she hasn't let go of my hand.

"How about this one?" She smiles holding up two that are pink and blue.

"Too traditional" I say shaking my head.

"True" She nods her head, and puts it back.

I start to scan the bracelets as well.

I see the perfect one and I smile.

I pick it up and jiggle our hands.

"How bout this one?" I smile as she turns her head to me.

"Together Forever, Never Apart, sounds a little cheesy, but okay." She laughs, I frown when she takes her hand away to put the bracelets on the counter.

"Thank you." She smiles at the cashier and takes the bracelets from her.

We enclose our hands together and walk to the end of the pier.

"Here ya go." She laughs giving me my bracelet.

"You put it on." I whine.

She shakes her head and laughs taking the bracelet and putting it on my wrist.

"Let me see yours." I smile, she nods and hands it to me.

"Katie, this shows I'll never leave you, and hopefully you'll never leave me." I smile and clip it on her wrist.

She nods and gives me a hug, I wrap my arms around her back and pick her up into a hug.

~Flashback ends~

"You okay?" Nash asks me, I smile and nod, thinking of Katie makes me really happy, someone knocks on the door, and Nash shouts come in, which gives me a slight pain in the head, Cameron peeks in before coming in fully.

"You're awake that's great!" He smiles, walking over to the end of my bed.

"Yep and I'm feeling good, how's Katie?" I ask him.

"Oh uh, she's okay, I'm letting her learn more about the guys now so that's good right?" He chuckles nervously, I shrug and look down onto the marble floor.

"Do you think they'd let me go see her?" I ask Cameron looking in his direction.

"I'd like to think so, but Nash told you everything right? Like the whole boyfriend situation?" He says moving his hand in gestures, I look over to Nash and nod.

"Well since you guys spend a lot time together I thought it'd help her remember, oh and they said it was short term, it depends on how much we try to help her remember, that's all the doctor said." He states nodding.

"I think I wanna go see her now." I nod sitting up fully, Cameron nods and Nash walks out to go get the doctor I guess, Nash walks back in and goes to the corner where a wheel chair is set.

"He said as long as your in this." He smirks looking down at it.

"Oh hell no." I chuckle shaking my head.

"Oh hell yeah!" He smiles creepily and wheels it over to me.

///

My head itches