Chapter 44

(Cameron's POV)

"Give me it back now!" Madison shouts running around while everyone is tossing her phone around.

"Guys why is the shack light on?" Nash says pointing out of Katie's window.

"I don't know, I think Katie and Hayes were out there, but they haven't come back in for awhile." Matthew shrugs, I roll my eyes, I still wanna kill him.

"Um guys, the shelf is down." Nash says standing up at the window.

"What do you mean?" I say standing up and walking over to the window.

"The shelf in the shack, it's like fallen over." He says pointing at it.

"Let's go see." I say jogging out and down the stairs, I hear everyone behind me and I walk over to the pool, I see a lump of clothing and pick up a shirt.

"Guys! These are their clothes!" I shout waving them over.

"They're wet like they were in the pool!" I shout.

"Uh guys, the shack holds the pool stuff, like towels." Shawn points out, I stand up from my squatting position and look at Nash.

"You think?" Nash asks me.

"There is only one way to find out." I say, he nods and we all walk over to the shack doors.

"Katie! Hayes!" Nash shouts into the door, we hear nothing but a little groan.

"Hayes?" Nash yells louder looking into the shack.

"Guys?" We hear Hayes say from the inside.

"What happened?" I shout.

"Katie and I... we were getting towels and... it fell, guys she's... she's not talking." He answers and my stomach does flips leaving me nauseous.

"Hayes we're going to lift the shelf, but we need to hurry, okay?" Nash yells.

"Ye... yeah." He croaks out.

"Matthew, Cam, Jack, Taylor! Come on." Nash shouts.

(Hayes' POV)

"One, two, three!" I hear them shout, and slowly start to lift the shelf, I see a little flash of moonlight peeking through the gap which is getting bigger as they lift it, I look to Katie and see her chest just barely lifting up and down.

"Guys." I groan out of pain.

"Yeah bro?" Nash groans lifting the shelf up higher.

"Get Katie first." I demand, he nods his head while everyone pulls out the broken shelf.

Then darkness shades my eyes and I'm out.

(Cameron's POV)

We're all sitting in the waiting room just comforting and crying into each other.

Honestly I haven't been quite the comforter seeing how my baby sister is unconscious and barely breathing, Nash is going through the same deal, but he knows Hayes is okay, Katie is on another ship.

"Cameron?" I am snapped out of my train of thoughts by a girl in front of me, my eyes finally focus and I notice it's Madi.

"Oh uh hi." I say and sit up straight.

"Look I know I made a mistake with Katie, but Hayes was my best friend ever and I felt like I needed to come." She states sitting in the squeaky chair beside me.

"And I wanna apologize to you for the whole Katie thing I mean I was drunk I didn't mean it at all, I just was acting dumb and I feel." She continues but is cut off by her voice turning hoarse and her eyes watering.

"Cameron I'm sorry." She cries, I nod my head and get up and walk over to the glass window.

I'm not the one for emotion, I start to look down onto the people on the streets, I see a family, one with a mother, a dad, a girl, and a baby, they look happy, like nothing could stop them from being happy, but in reality, we all probably look like that, happy, filled with joy, and little do I know, that girl might have cancer, that could be a stepdad or a stepmom, but what I'm wondering is how do they stay so happy. Here I am, standing watching these happy people, while I'm feeling like shit, I'm snapped from my thoughts by a tap on my shoulder, I turn around and see Nash.

"Why us dude? Why?" He sniffles with his tear stained cheeks, I shrug and wipe a small tear from my eye and pull him into a hug, I feel him cry harder into my shoulder and I decide to cry too.

I mean I deserve it right? My sister is lying half dead in a hospital bed and I'm acting strong, I just can't be strong anymore.

(Katie's POV)

You know that feeling when you think you're dead and it just feels that way, but your also trapped in this white room, because that's my situation.

"Hello?" I call out to the white blankness.

"Yes?" I hear an angelic voice say, I turn around and see my mother standing behind me.

"Mom? You look amazing." I say shocked she is standing in front of me.

"Am I dead?" I croak out, about to cry.

"No no honey, this is just the lets call it a waiting room." She says walking over to me, she puts her hands on my shoulders to sit me down and they feel very soft.

"Mom, where am I? What happened?" I ask her as she softly sits beside me.

"You're so beautiful." She says pulling a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Mom? Where am I?" I raise my voice.

"Calm down, it's a very complicated explanation." She says looking down to the ground.

"The last thing I remember was Hayes and I trying to get towels and the shelf falling." I say rubbing my head.

"Oh honey, I know what to do now." She sighs getting up.

"You have to go back now." She says with sadness in her voice.

"What? Why? Mom what's happening? How are you here?" I cry.

"Goodbye sweetheart." She sniffles while waving her hand over my head, which knocks me back into the darkness.

(Cameron's POV)

"Dallas, Grier?" The doctor calls out, I immediately get up and everyone follows my actions by walking over to the doctor as well.

"Benjamin is stable, but still unconscious and Katilyn is also stable and will awaken soon, everyone may go in, but please take it easy." He says before giving us their room numbers before walking away.

"Alright, let's all see Katie first, because Hayes is still unconscious, unless Nash wants to go." I say, Nash shakes his head and I nod, we continue until we get to Katie's room number, I sigh before opening the door and seeing that pale beautiful face, I walk over to her bed slowly and let the tears fall as I grab her hand, I hear the rest of the guys walk in and I instantly start to sob.

I don't know if she's gonna make it, I swear to god I'll kill myself if she dies, she is my only life support, Matthew walks to her other side, grabs her hand and cries as well, maybe even more than me, her eyes start to flutter open, and I sigh.

"Katie?" I ask her and start to smile, her eyes open up fully and she takes in her surroundings, she gives everybody a strange look and looks at me and Matthew last, she opens her mouth and starts to speak and says words I've never expected to hear out of her mouth.

"Who are you guys?"

///

panics at the discount