Chapter 42

•the next morning•

(Katie's POV)

I wake up and feel someone beside me, I sit up and see Madison snoring loud, I chuckle a little bit and flop back down, I know I didn't mean what I said last night about Hayes, but it's not like he heard me say it or anything, they already left last night so I could probably spend my day with Matthew, I decide to get up and shower, because I don't know it's just what I do.

I finish drying my hair and decide to curl it, I finish my last curl and put on some makeup, I walk out and see Shawn carrying Madison out of the room, I bust out laughing when he hits Madison on the head with the door.

"Fuck." He groans and exits my room, I shake my head and walk over to my dresser, I grab my white Matthew Espinosa muscle tee and my black high wasted shorts, I slip off my tank top and boy shorts, that I usually sleep in, I put on my outfit quickly and grab my b&w vans off of my chair, I slip those on and check myself out once more in the mirror.

I shuffle down the stairs and quickly run into the kitchen, I don't know why but I feel super energetic today.

"Hey babe." I smile walking up behind a cooking Matthew.

"You're awake!" He turns around and pecks my lips.

"So you're not mad anymore?" I ask giving him an uneasy smile.

"Nah, because someone tipped me off that you wanna date me and not Hayes and seeing how that person WAS Hayes it's easy to believe." He winks and turns back around.

Energy gone.

I stand there dumbfounded, how can this be happening? How did Hayes know? Did Madison tell him? Or did he overhear me? Oh god please tell me he didn't overhear me!

"Baby, you alright?" Matthew says looking at me with a concerned expression, I try to say something, but nothing comes out, nothing.

"Here let's sit you down." He says taking my hand and sitting me in the table chair.

"You need something? Are you okay?" Matthew asks me once again, I slowly nod and play with my fingers.

"You sure? Because I think that something is wrong." He says kneeling on one knee to look at me.

"It's just, I'm gonna miss them." I say looking away from Matthew.

"Hey they'll be back soon and plus this is gonna be good, good for us." He says squeezing my hand when he says 'us', I nod and he pecks my lips, except our kisses didn't feel the same anymore, only when we're having a heated make out session, that's when I feel something. Love? No. Lust? Most likely, I just can't bear the thought of leaving him, but why? I love Hayes, he's probably the one for me! But I love Matthew too, maybe just for his passion though? I keep thinking this in my head. How can I choose?

"You coming or what?" I hear snapping me from my thoughts to see an impatient Madison with Shawn.

"Oh where?" I ask cluelessly.

"The mall! Silly!" She laughs and pulls me up by my hand.

"Sure, can I ask Matthew to come?" I say releasing my hand from hers, she and Shawn nod, I walk into the living room and see Matthew, Taylor, Cameron, Aaron, and Shawn all watching Ridiculousness on the TV, I call Matthew and he snaps his head my way, I gesture my hand as in 'come here'.

He nods and slowly gets up, he wraps his arm around my waist bringing his body to mine and asks me what's up.

"Wanna come to the mall with me, Madison, and Carter?" I smile genuinely.

"Uh, yeah sure why not?" He smiles and kisses me, I nod as he let's go of me and heads upstairs, I still cannot get Hayes off of my mind, hopefully today will help, I grab my army jacket from the coat rack and slip it on, because L.A. has confusing weather, you probably think it's always hot, but it gets pretty windy sometimes too.

"Let's go!" Matthew says putting his arm around me and kissing my cheek, that's what Hayes does, we walk out with Madison and Shawn behind us and get in Shawn's car, Shawn is driving, Matthew is sitting in the passengers seat and Madison and I are sitting in the back.

"Where we going again?" Carter asks pulling out of the driveway.

"Screw the mall, let's go to the park." Madison says kicking her feet up on the back of Matthews seat.

"Glad you ask me." I mumble to myself looking out the window.

"Huh?" Madison says whipping her hair around, I shake my head and glance at the rear view mirror and I see Shawn giving me a sympathetic look, I shake my head a little and look back to the window.

"Olive Garden?" Matthew suggests, I shrug and Madison nods.

"We're going!" Madison says squeezing my ankle which is in the middle seat, I wince in pain and bring my foot down, Shawn speeds past Olive Garden and I laugh.

"The hell Mendes!" Madison shouts at him while slapping his shoulder.

"We're going where everyone wants to, not just you." Shawn says not taking his eyes off of the road, until he winks in the rear view mirror, I laugh and sit up because I was slumped down in the chair, I look over and Madison is giving me a hateful stare.

"How about that Mexican resturant over there?" Matthew suggests.

"Everyone?" Carter asks looking back to our seats, I nod and Madison shrugs.

"Uh I'll order two tacos, with a side of fries please?" I say to the oddly cute waiter.

"Alright, I'll have that right out!" He says and winks at me, I blush and Matthew gives him and angered look the whole time he's walking back to the kitchen.

"Wow, flirt much?" Madison laughs, while Shawn has him arm around her.

"Who me?" I laugh sarcastically.

"No the waiter, you just kindly returned the favor." She laughs nodding her head.

"Um, well no more of that." Matthew says putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Don't worry I'm all yours babe." I look up and smile, he smiles and pecks my lips, Madison coughs and we part from each other, the waiter is standing there with a plate of food in his hands, he places it down in front of Matthew and it's not what he ordered.

"Uh, this isn't what I ordered." Matthew chuckles tightening his grip on my shoulder.

"Oh sorry we were out of the thing you ordered, sir." He says uneasily.

"Yeah, alright, where's everybody else's?" Shawn asks him, he shrugs and walks off.

"Let's go we're not eating here." Matthew says standing up and taking my hand, I nod and get out of the booth as Madison and Shawn start getting out.

"I suggest Olive Garden!" Madison shouts as we're walking to the car, Shawn gives a questioning look and I nod, Carter helps Madison in and gets in himself, I'm about to open my door when Matthew steps in front of it.

"Yes?" I giggle a bit.

"You okay? It's like ever since I told you about Hayes you've acted drained, you still like him?" He asks me, I'm shocked at the last question, why? Because I can't answer that myself.

"Yeah I'm fine, just felt a little headache coming on and I got bothered." I smile, he nods and pecks my lips, he opens my door for me, I kiss his lips softly and get in, he smiles and shuts the door, then opens his own.

///

got a taste for the cherry