Katara walked away from the window and put a hand on Rae's shoulder. The Guardian was petting the animal. The fox didn't try to bite or hurt Rae in anyway. His wide eyes stared at her as she caressed his fur. When her hand approached the place where the wound was, the fox snarled. But the woman didn't take her hand off. Instead, she waved her hand and a bubble of water floated to the animal. Placing it on the blood covered fur, Rae cleaned it slowly, making the fox relax.

When she was done, Rae walked to the door of the hut and opened it. The fox leaped off the table and walked in the cold night, but not before it stopped in front of Rae. It was almost unnoticeable. With a small bow of the head, the fox disappeared in the darkness.

"That was beautiful," whispered Katara as she placed a hand on Rae's shoulder. The older woman had tears in her eyes as she spoke, "When I learned this form of bending, I was so horrified of it. Until now I only saw people use it to do bad... but now I have hope that it can save people."

Rae gave the woman a small smile. Katara wiped the few stray tears before bowing her head to the young woman, "Rae Akemi, you have officially finished your training."

The young Guardian bowed her head and smiled as Katara made her way out of the hut. When she was all alone, she sat on the small sofa and closed her eyes, exhaustion taking over her body.

The spirits haven't visited her since the day she decided to remain in the Southern Water Tribes. At first it was the tall man that paid her a visit, but then small spirit animals would show up in her hut almost every day. But for almost three weeks, no small spirit seemed to want to be in Rae's presence.

Right when she was about to fall asleep on the uncomfortable sofa, the door of her hut opened. She groaned when the cold air met her skin and opened her eyes.

A man stood in front of her, his eyes were wide and his blue traditional water tribe clothes were thorn. "A spirit just attacked the festival site!" he exclaimed, trying to catch his breath.

Rae's eyes widened. She took her heavy fur coat and wrapped it around her shoulders. Following the man to the site of the festival, her eyes widened when she saw the gigantic spirit. It was destroying all the small tents and huts the people finished preparing for the festival that same day.

The woman ran towards the spirit and raised her arms. A wave of water came crashing into it, making it fall on its back. The spirit turned at glared at her. Its tail swung underneath Rae's feet. Before she could jump, she felt herself being lifted off the ground and slammed in the closest rock.

Groaning in pain, she opened her eyes to see the spirit walk away. She got up from the cold ground and limped to the group of people that stood where the spirit was before.

"What just happened here?" she asked, looking at the shadow of the dark spirit.

"I don't know," said the man that fetched her out of her hut, "after it slammed you in the rocks, it just left..."

"We should do something about it," said Rae, looking at the destruction the spirit caused, "The avatar is supposed to arrive in three days, the Northern Water Tribe in four... And I don't think the people that are coming for the festival would be glad to be attacked by dark spirits."

The people around her nodded. In the distance, she saw Katara and the Chief, Tonraq, who was also Korra's father, running towards them.

"What happened?" asked the Chief, "Why didn't anyone notify me?"

Rae walked up to them. "A dark spirit attacked," she said, crossing her arms, "something isn't right... it just left. Has this ever happened here before?"