Chapter 55 Bring it to its end

The next morning I got to work early.I was always one of the first here but to my surprise Lauren was in her office.I walked Straight into my office regardless.There was a lot I was not sure I could confront or deal with Lauren at the moment.

I sat on my desk taking in a few deep breaths before I heard on a knock on my door.I knew it was her.

"Come in Lauren"I said after taking my last deep breath.I didn't like showing Lauren I was nervous.I did not need the feel to want and show her any emotions.

"Sorry to bother you so early,I just wanted to thank you.I know you probably don't think I'm here for the right reasons but for once I honestly feel that I am exactly where I need to be."she said still standing by the door as if I would pounce at her if she walked another inch into my personal space.

"I'm more than happy to have you here Jauregui.I know you'll put us right where we need to be."I replied staring into those damn green eyes of her.She was so sexy without even trying.I hated that this attraction for her never left.Even when I was so angry at her,even when I had hated her,I couldn't help but stare at her.She was that breathtaking.

"Thank you.I won't disappoint you.I'll leave you to work if you need me you know where I'm at."she said giving me a light smile before closing the door.To be honest I couldn't work like this.I really tried but I got up as soon as the door closed and walked over to her office.Her office was also a bit more away from the others so if people started coming in they would not hear or see us as easy.

"Hey sorry I know we were just talking but you know what,there are some boundaries that need to be put up from this very beginning."I said as I stood in front of her.

"Yeah that's fine take a seat."she replied but I couldn't sit.

"It's not necessary,I know there's a lot and by a lot maybe too much history between us but I'm with Kristie now and on a personal level I know you've been through a lot as well.I just want a new clean slate with you.Emotions aside we have to make this work for both of our families."I said barely even being able to take a breath as she just looked at me with a little smirk on her face.The only person that could ever make me feel as if she saw right through me.All these years,all the smiles, all the years it's like the memories just flushed our minds when we were too close to each other.

"I'm all here for it Camila.I appreciate you communicating this with me.I very much respect you and Kristie and wish to be as successful as we can be with this agency.If I ever overstep a boundary just tell me in that moment.I promise to do my best to be as professional as ever.I'm here to help not ruin anything with you personal or professional."she replied standing from her own chair and placing her hand in front of mine.

"Thank you."I said shaking her hand before walking out of the office.Things seemed differently now but completely the same.We had grown so much since the last time we were both in this office.She had a more grown aroma to her.She carried herself with more confidence.She knew what she wanted and it just brought me a bit of happiness to see her so balanced within herself.

——

"Sorry babe I'm at a bar with the girls at the moment"

"It's fine I'm just going to bed a bit early and wanted to call before I slept."

"Always thinking about me Camila Cabello."

"There's no other way I would live.I'm just excited to be able to go to sleep to you tomorrow night."

"I know I'm super excited to see your pretty face too baby."

"Oh babyyyyy!"another voice was heard in the background mocking Kristie.