Chapter 54 Time For It All

"Thank you for pushing me to do this babe"

"I just want you to do what makes you happy."I replied kissing her lips.

"You'll be fine without me?"

"I won't be fine but I'll do my best."

"I'm sure that meeting with the investors will go well."

"I'm sure it will too,now go kick some ass."I replied kissing her lips as she left to board her plane.

Tomorrow was too soon for me, I didn't want to go to sleep for the simple fact that I didn't want to go to that meeting.So i went home and i sat on the couch watching a series on the TV trying to distract myself.I usually would have Kristie for that but Well she was gone now.

I slowly closed my eyes as the TV sounded off on its own.

——-

I walked into the big office room,I usually was never this nervous but my gut was telling me something big was going to happen.

As I entered the office I was met with a surprise right away.Lauren was sitting in the big office next to were I would sit.

"Good morning."I said trying not too look too startled.

"Good morning Miss Cabello"all the suits replied as I sat in the chair next to Lauren.She turned to me and smiled as if nothing about this was weird.It honestly brought me back to the days where we worked together,but I knew those days were long gone.

"Okay I guess I will start and get straight to the point,"the older man Phil said as he stood from his chair.The oldest suit in the room,the richest at that as well.
"due to the new circumstances,we have all come to a conclusion for the future of this agency."

I took a deep breath not really knowing where this was going.

"Even though it is not too new it is the best for us all,I'm glad to announce that Lauren Jáuregui will be back to collaborating with our facilities."I was in shock at the words that exited the mans lips.

"She doesn't have to do this,"I finally said after the applause stopped and the silence was louder than before the man began to talk.

"It's already been talked through Miss.Cabello."

"Not with me."I said standing from the chair

"Are you opposing the idea?"the man replied

"She shouldn't have to come back because of being competition,she did her duty here it should be her choice if she wants to come back."I said angrily standing from my chair.

"I do."Lauren said catching me off guard as she stood beside me placing her hand on my lower back.She looked at me with her warm green eyes.

"I'm happy to be back with this great team,thank you."here I thought I was protecting her,yet she had assigned herself to do this again.To be here with me.

"Is that okay Miss Cabello?"

"Yeah,I guess.I just don't understand why this wasn't discussed with me before it was official."

"We are discussing now and you just agreed to the idea so I no longer see why this discussion must continue."

"Okay"I said standing from the chair and leaving the room.I didn't care to give a formal goodbye.

—-
I was at a loss for words.I knew Camila might have had opposed to me being here but she sounded like she was defending me.I just didn't know how to react.I knew the best thing was to give her space.I had learned that throughout the years.I went into my old office,not knowing what else to do.My dad and Ryan didn't really want me to do this either but I knew it is what was best for us.Maybe this happened for a reason and me being here would change things for the better,so I hoped.And to be honest for the first time i made this choice.I wanted to be here.
To my surprise Camila is the one that walked into the office.
"Hey Lauren can we talk ?",she asked as she stood by the doorway
"Yeah of course take a seat",I replied as she close the door behind her, she sat quickly on the chair took a deep breath before looking me in the face

"Look Lauren I admire you for what you're doing for your family but you don't have to do this again"
she said looking at me sincerely

"I appreciate that you think that I'm doing this for my family and in a way I am but I also wanna be here Camila I honestly feel like this time around this is where I'm supposed to be"

"Well that is not what I expected to hear from you",she said as she took another deep breath
"but if you feel that this is where you want to be I really appreciate it, and as much as I appreciate you being back on the team I just need you to know that this time around we need some boundaries"Now that's something I didn't expect to hear.

" of course I am all ears for making this the easiest workspace for the both of us"

"I'll email you later I honestly just need some space right now"she said leaving my office

"Understood"I said as I watched Camila walk off.It was hard not to want her to stay in here and have her talk  more to me.Every time I'm around her I just feel at home.The familiar feeling of her body near mine is just too much to ignore.

———-
Cpov

I left home,I could not be In this environment,I really just wanted Kristie here with me at this moment.I was longing to hear her voice but I knew her call would come soon.After hours of waiting for her call my phone finally rang and her beautiful face popped up on the screen.

"Hi beautiful"i said smiling as I saw her beautiful eyes shimmer

"Hi baby,i miss you"

"I miss you so much more"I replied

"How did the meeting go?"She asked as she laid on the hotel bed.

"It went where I thought it wouldn't.Lauren's back on.She decided for herself.No one forced her according to herself."the facial expressions on the woman changed drastically.

"So,uhm well I didn't expect that."she was as shocked as I was when I heard of this.

"This will change everything."she continued.

"It doesn't have to."

"Look Camila I'm all for the optimism but you know that Lauren has a different pull than her brother.Chris was like a puppy that we had to keep watch on.Lauren is not,you would be the first to say that."she said as I remembered all the times I ranted to her on how much better Lauren was at the job than Chris.

"I know but I know you and I will not change."I said it maybe half believing it myself.Kristie did not even reply to my words."Enough about all of this wreck over here,how is it for you."

Her facial expressions suddenly changed.The smile on her face as she began to talk about her trial excited me.

"So it's looking good?"

"It is,it's my dream and it's surreal to think I can actually accomplish it."she replied looking into my eyes.In thy moment I began to realize that if she does make it through she will no longer be in California.Then everything will change.And that's probably what she was thinking about when I told her nothing would change between her and I.