Here's To Us (End of Episode 9)

First Person pov

          My eyes slowly fluttered open, blinking in my surroundings. I shook my head softly from side to side, a small groan escaping my lips as I looked ahead of me. But it was too dark--everything was blurry and I couldn't make out definite shapes. I tried to move my hands, but they were tied behind me in the chair I was strapped down to. And to my right I could hear labored breathing through a mask, making the hair on the back of my neck stick up. Squinting my eyes, I tried to pick out exactly what it was when I heard a shuffle of feet from above. Gasping, my head whipped upwards. Birds cawed before flying away, and I flinched a little as my eyes caught sight of a little light from outside. Blinking rapidly, I took in the large building set in front of me that was barely standing. Railings were blown outwards, floors fallen and the roof nearly collapsed. I squirmed a little, pressing my lips together as I looked around and noticed some purple substance that seemed to squiggle around the rubble that had fallen inside the building I was in. Where was I?

          "Recognize this place?" a voice from above sent a chill down my spine, and I clenched my teeth while trying to jerk out of the rope. And then a hand clamped onto the chair's back I was sitting in, spinning me around as a lighter was flicked on. Jinx's eyes stared coldly down at me, a smile on her lips as she held the flame just inches away from my face. I flinched backward, pressing myself deeper into the chair. I panted slightly, looking down at Jinx's outfit as she leaned a little closer to me and dragged my attention back up to her. And then I stopped--noticing the pink glow to them. "It's where it all started."

          I looked around once more, feeling my breathing quickening as my mind reeled in memories. And then my head twitched to the side, eyes squeezing shut as a flash of blue and pink took over.

          "The old cannery next to the docks."

          Vi's young voice filled my head, and I quickly snapped my eyes back open as Jinx smiled a little more.

          "No--no, no, no," I whispered, feeling my chest tighten up as Jinx pulled back some.

           "Silco found you crawling out of the fire," Jinx began describing, and I grimaced as another Twitch jerked my head up and my lips parted as a gasp escaped.

           I screamed, throwing my head back as I began pushing my little, trapped body up. The rubble holding me down began moving and I jerked my legs free before stumbling out of the burning room. My face was hot, my arm seared black and unmoving as I crumbled between the woman's large body and the jaguar that were dead. And then I heard boots from ahead, slowly looking up. A man had his hands tucked behind his back with another coming up from behind, his face hot and burned with the smell of melting skin following him.

          "Who--who are you?" I croaked out as my vision began blacking out again.

          "Take her, Singed," the man with a discolored black and orange eye mumbled with a tilt of his head. "I want her."

         "And then Singed created Mouse."

          "I understand this must be painful," the man mumbled as he went down to my left wrist. A sob broke out of my lips as I trembled on the table he had me laying on. "It's about to get worse."

          He injected purple liquid into my skin, my veins bulging. I let out another scream as I threw my head back against the table over and over again while trying to break free.

          "But it would've never happened unless--I wasn't here."

          I panted, shaking my head.