Happy Progress Day! (End of Episode 4)

First Person pov

          Jinx danced and swayed to the music that was blasted at full volume as she worked on another one of her bombs per usual. But now she was in a happier mood, bobbing her head with her glasses sealed tightly over her eyes. I swung my feet from my perch up above, playing with Squeaks as the mouse crawled and weaved through my fingers. I smiled, watching the mouse as she stopped on the back of my hand before looking up at me.

          "Did you see that Whiskers?"

          My head flicked to the side as my eyes squeezed shut, and I let out a little groan while rubbing my temple. The small girl's voice that haunted me over and over began playing through my head, filling my empty mind with confusing words.

          "We did it!"

          My head jerked back as a flash of a sunny sky and a rooftop played through my vision, mocking me with small giggling echoing in the background. But it was gone as soon as it came, allowing me to relax. By now Squeaks had moved onto my shoulder, both paws holding the side of my cheek with her eyes turned up to me.

          "I'm okay," I whispered while leaning into her touch with a smile.

          "Jinx!" Silco's voice cut through the air, and I jumped a little in my spot before looking down. Jinx didn't hear him, lipsyncing the words to the song as she twirled around in her seat and continued to work. "Jinx!"

        She pulled out her magnifying glass, bobbing her head as she pressed her lips together. She held up a metallic-looking bug.

          "Jinx!" Silco cried once more while hammering a fist against the box blasting the music.

          It cut off immediately, the blue-haired girl smiled as she leaned back in her chair, "That's me!"

          "Half a dozen enforcers, dead," Silco began yelling while looming closer to her. "Enforcers. Dead!"

          "Yeah..." Jinx grinned, leaning against the table in front of her with a broad smile.

          "A building blown to pieces!"

         "Oh, yeah," Jinx chuckled as she laid her head down and began scribbling on the table.

          Silco's lips bundled together before he ripped the pencil out of her hand, "Do you have any idea what you've done?!"

           "Actually, I do," Jinx smiled as she sat up on her stool before pulling out the blue crystal from her pocket. Rolling it in her fingers, she showed off the flashy object to Silco as my head tilted. He pulled it out of her grasp, and Jinx giggled as she rose up and out of her seat. He stared at it a moment before catching sight of my boot, turning and locking eyes with me. I simply stared back at him, my lips turned in a straight line. "Happy Progress Day!"

          Jinx pulled down on a lever, and fireworks exploded all around us in blue, pink, and gold. My eyes lit up with the colors as I looked all around, Squeaks hiding behind my neck and away from the loud noises. Jinx began strolling through the falling colors, hands tucked behind her back as she stood back in front of Silco. And then she leaped forward, softly encasing her arms around him as he stepped back on the impact. He looked from her to the stone before beginning to smile, his eyes finding mine as I rose an eyebrow slightly.

* * * * *

          After Silco had left, it was just Jinx and me again. I watched as Jinx threw her bug creation into the air, watching it spring to life and begin to fly around. It flew right past me, hovering just a foot away from my face before exploding. I grimaced, flinching a little as Squeaks ducked behind my hair with a cry. Jinx began to laugh below me, and I sent a little glare back down at her.