Chapter 5: Confusion

Start from the beginning

Once I pull up at their driveway I get all my necessary things and exit the car. I walk to the door knocking on it. A few seconds later the youngest brother opens the door; Cayden Nystrom I think, I don't even care.

"Oh, it's you. Come inside." He welcomes me. I enter their house seeing Aaron Nystrom sitting at the table. I walk up to him and sit across from him.

I clear my throat starting to explain the call I got from earlier, "My men have found people who have connections with the Ambrose family. I already took care of them." I keep my volume low in case someone else would hear it.

"And, did you find something?" He replies, "Not yet. But I will soon." He nods his head and I stand up walking towards their backyard.

I show up at the backyard and see her standing there. I smirk and walk closer trying to not make a sound. As I approach her figure I lean towards her.

I chuckle slowly whispering to her, "I see you're already here." She steps back and turns around, her green eyes meet mine brown ones instantaneously. "It's not like I have a choice." She jokes and I chuckle at her, she looks quite shocked.

What the fuck is wrong with me, why did I chuckle. Am I sick or something?

I clear my throat, "I hope you remember the rules, I won't hold back today." I wink. Why the fuck did I wink.

"You never hold back." She snorts. "And yes, I do remember the rules actually."

She doesn't know the rules at all.

I examine her and my face turns into a frown when I see the bandage around her hand. That wasn't there yesterday.

"What happened with your hand?" I question my eyes fixed on her hand. "I accidentally cut my hand." She replies looking away from me, she's a terrible liar.

"When?" I question her again, i'm going to fucking keep interrogating her until I know who the fuck did this. "Yesterday night." She replied in confusion. "Is the cut that big?" I point at her hand, almost a part of it was covered with bandage.

The cut must be huge then, and I know for a fact that this wasn't just an accidental cut.

"Yes." I replies again. Do I really look that stupid? Who does she thinks I am, I've seen many cuts and this isn't that case. "You can't cut yourself accidentally. Not when it's this big." I see a hint of shock in her eyes and maybe a little panic.

I step closer grabbing her hand pulling it towards me, I almost shiver at her touch but I ignore it. "Care to tell me who or what did that?" She looks down onto the ground not sparing a glance at me. I would kill the person who fucking did this - but she doesn't tell me what happened. Fuck I don't even care.

She pulls her hand away from me and steps back, "A kitchen knife did this, when I was making food." A sigh leaves my mouth and I shrug, what's the point in fighting with her. I'll find out eventually.

"Okay then." Then I come charging at her, her eyes expand and she dodges my punch. "Are you out of your mind?" She asks. That's the same question I'll like to ask myself for caring about this foolish girl.

I smirk stepping away from her, "What? This is part of your training." I yank my jacket off throwing it on the floor. My arms were exposed and I caught Maeve's eyes admiring them. She's bold.

Her eyes widen as she sees my other arm. The tattoos. I don't know what she thinks of them since it's not really her style. But I don't care.

I chuckle making her eyes snap back towards me, "See something you like?" I tease. I see her panicking again and I internally laugh at her, why the fuck am I laughing.

"Yes." She blurts out. I lift my eyebrow, what did she just say. "What? I mean no. What did you say again?" She scratches her neck, She is probably feeling so embarrassed. Not that I care.

I narrow my eyes and shake my head, how am I ever going to train this girl, "Are you even focused?" She smile broadly and looks away. "Yes, I am."

No she's not.

"No, I'm not." She laughs akwardly while I sigh in response picking up my jacket from the ground. If she's not focused then we can't train.

I sigh walking towards the big tree in their backyard sitting down and leaning against it.

"Let's take a break then."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

This chapter was almost the same like Chapter 4 but only in his POV.

What do we think about it?

Word Count: 1262

- Edited - 

- Sabrina A.