Chapter 24: Hungry like the Wolf

Începe de la început

"Nothing! She said nothing, she just kept staring at me till the bell rang. Then, we went to class." - I replied to him in a worried tone.

"I'm sure she'll come around, brother! I mean, she has too!" - He comforted me.

At lunch, we were all sat at our table, eating and talking when Daphne approached us. Felix not far behind her.

"Hi, everyone! First, I'd like to apologize for not greeting you all when I arrived this morning. I was just a little upset with my... Nate!" - There was a pregnant pause between the last two words. Everyone looked at her and said it was no big deal and greeted her back.

"But I actually came here to tell you something, Nate... I'm ready!" - She stated, smiling proudly.

At this, everyone at the table stared at her. Everyone's jaws were on the floor! Dan looked at me wide eyed! I was gobsmacked! I did not see it coming this soon, especially with how we left things this morning.

"Ready to hum... to complete the bond?" - I said in a low tone, looking at her slightly embarrassed.

"No, you pervert!" - She slapped my shoulder. - "I'm ready for you to show me that thing you wanted to show on the first date!" - She clarified. Of course, no one but Denise understood the reference, but after a beat, I got it. She wanted me to show her my wolf!

"I just don't think it's fair that my brother saw you naked before me!" - She said that and it fell like a bomb.

"Daphne!" - Felix yelled at her, his face was beet red he was so embarrassed. - "I'm sorry, Nate, that wasn't meant for you to hear! I promise you I didn't see much!" - Felix tried to apologize.

The entire table was staring at me and Felix, giggling. I was so deeply embarrassed that I couldn't even look at my brother. Damn, Daphne! You sure know how to make an entrance!

"So, text me later when you're available!" - Daphne said and she left, Felix went with her as he started to argue with his sister as they walked off. He was pissed at her. But she couldn't care less! She liked the havoc she caused.

"Guys, she meant he saw me naked in the locker room, like everyone else! Stop looking at me weird!" - I demanded. Finally, I look at Dan and mumbled an apology, but he was laughing at the whole situation.

"So..." - Mike started. It didn't take long for someone to. - "What did she mean..."

"She wants to see Nate's wolf." - Denise interrupted him in a low tone, looking at me. - "That's what she meant by that!"

They've heard it and then they all looked at me suggestively.

"I think she also wants to sneak a peak at the..."

"Thank you, Lauren, we get it!" - I interrupted her, embarrassed. - "That was pretty clear, thanks!" - I continued, of course they could all sense my embarrassment and they were enjoying it.

A few hours later, I went to pick up Daphne at her house. The sun was just starting to set, so we admire the view as I drive.

"I hope I din't cause too much trouble with your friends earlier!" - She started, but her tone was too proud to be apologetic.

"You know what you did. And you also know Felix is Dan's mate! I was actually more embarrassed for him than for me!" - I stated, not letting her off the rook.

"No, you weren't! But nice try, though!" - She doesn't let me off the rook.

"So, where are you taking me?" - She questioned, anxiously.

"Naturally, I can't shift anywhere outside the compound for security reasons. So, I'm taking you to the waterfalls. It's secluded enough that we'll be safe over there!" - He explained.