Chapter 21: SAVE ME

As usual, we would either practice skateboarding or relax at the nearby beach. This time, since it’s early afternoon and we just ate and finished our breakfast, we just decided to sit on a bench facing the beach to relax a little. It’s been a fun but busy week, and staying out of the internet world just makes everything so much quieter. 

Since there weren't many people at the beach, we placed our items on the bench and started to build a sandcastle. Mine is just a normal sandcastle with a “river”  (I basically added water) surrounding the sandcastle. Taemi’s sandcastle was so much nicer and more like a castle, unlike mine. 

“I wanna drink strawberry milk” I whispered it so loud that Taemi heard it. “Alright, I’ll be right back,” Taemi got the hint and left to buy strawberry milk. Just then, as I was resculpturing my sandcastle, someone came up to me and asked me if I could fetch his dog’s toy that is floating on the oceanfront in front of me. “I’m sorry… because I can’t swim and you looked like a local here, so maybe you could help me…” that guy continued. I mean… I am a local here… but I didn’t know how to swim. I’ll just give it a try. I thought to myself. And so I stood up, looked at his cute dog, a golden retriever, and walked towards the oceanfront. 

As I tried to walk further in the ocean, the water got deeper and deeper as the toy got further and further

As I tried to walk further in the ocean, the water got deeper and deeper as the toy got further and further. I just have to get that toy back… So I walked and walked… Until I couldn’t walk any further and tried to swim. I’ve never swam in my whole entire life (okay maybe once when I was with my other 6 friends). So I used my memory and swam as far as possible. The toy didn’t stop but went further and further… further and further… Soon, I couldn’t even see the toy anymore, and my eyes started to sting, maybe because of the water. 

I couldn’t breathe…it’s like somebody tried to strangle me

I couldn’t breathe…it’s like somebody tried to strangle me. I couldn’t see anything, just pitch black ocean, not even a toy in my sight when I tried to open my eyes. I wanted to swim the opposite direction but I couldn’t sense where the beach was and so I tried to swim, but I couldn't feel the ground. And soon I went out of breath and out of energy. 

I…

I… 

Is that what life is? Just throwing my opportunities in the water like they don’t care. If only I could turn back time… If only I could avoid my mum being murdered in the first place, then everything would be fine. 

No one POV
And so… that guy with the dog was out of sight too. They weren’t at the beach nor around that area. They’re nowhere to be found, right after Taehyung went deep into the ocean.