11 - Stuck With You

Kaiden

I'm aware of Nathan's gaze on me and Vanessa looking a little too interested.

"What game?" I chuckle feebly.

"Our Lacrosse game!"

"Oh that. She just invited me along. I haven't given a confirmation!"

"But my girlfriend, Anastasia told me, Sasha was bringing you as her plus one?"

Oh god. Seth's girlfriend is the one who invited Sasha? I walked into this one myself.

I rack my brains for a suitable reply.

"That's why?" Vanessa shouts suddenly, making us all jump. "Is that why you're turning me down? Because you want to get into Sasha's pants?"

Someone take this girl away please.

Seth and Nathan both begin to laugh.

I smile tightly, annoyed at all the unnecessary attention Vanessa is bringing to me. Half the people at the bar probably think I'm Casanova.

Poor Charles left us for other people. He definitely thinks that us high schoolers are full of crap. I don't blame him.

"Vanessa bro, where does all that confidence come from?" Seth snorts. "How does it fit into your tiny body?"

Vanessa has gone red from anger.

"Please lower your voice!" I sigh.

"No, you tell me! Were you thinking of two timing us? Oh ho ho, I see how it is now! Well Kaiden Pierce, I reject you! I don't want to be your side hoe! I deserve better!" She shouts.

I want the earth to swallow me whole.

Vanessa picks up her glass of water and splashes the contents on my face, before strutting away, swinging her hips in a very exaggerated manner.

I blink, water dripping from my face.

"Did she really -?" Seth laughs, handing me several paper napkins.

"I want to leave," I mutter.

I dry my face with the cheap towels, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

"Goodnight Seth, you play really well. Invite me again at your next gig? I'm coming alone next time."

I rush out of the dingy place, unnerved at Vanessa's audacity. How dare she?! I know girls are manipulative but this was way out of line! Normally I would retaliate and blow her confidence to pieces but I didn't want to reduce myself more.

"Kaiden! Kai! Kaiden, wait!"

"What?" I yell.

I turn around, Nathan is standing there. I shouldn't be taking out my anger on him.

"Are you alright?"

His tongue is in his cheek like he's trying to hold back on laughter.

"Do I look alright? I got publicly humiliated by a sixteen year old! For something I didn't even fucking do? And how, how the fuck, did it go from me telling her I don't like her, to her assuming I want to get in Sasha's pants?"

I kick a rock away, blowing my damp hair out of my face.

"That's Vanessa for you," Nathan shrugs.

"You haven't told me how you know each other! Never mind, I don't want to know anything about that little bitch anymore. Goodnight Nathan," I huff and walk to my car.

Raven is probably going to laugh her head off. I don't even want to know what the guys will say to me. I'm going to become the laughing stock of the whole class again. God, I'm stupid. I shouldn't even have come here.