•Chapter 7•

{Credit to arrow_reads_shit  }

{Also.. you're all fucking simps-}

I stared at myself in the mirror. Somehow, I managed to finish the skirt I begun. It was a little rushed, but it turned out alright. I really needed to work on my embroidery, though.

I put on a white blouse to go with the skirt. Maybe I should've put flowers on that, too, just so it would match.

 Maybe I should've put flowers on that, too, just so it would match

Whatever. I'd just fix it up later. I began to do my hair, brushing it out and styling it. It ended up looking decent. I was never good at doing my own hair. Mama did that for me, but she wasn't there, so I did it myself.

Now the waiting game began. I sat on my bed, looking out the window from where I was. The town had already began to die down, lights going out every other second. I watched the kids, who were once playing outside, go into their homes for dinner.

So.. quiet.

I enjoyed it for a moment, until a little rock flew in through the window. I peered down to see Camilo waiting for me below, gesturing for me to come down.

Here comes the tricky part. I grabbed my bag and tiptoed to my door, carefully opening it. I tensed up at the short creaking sound that it made, waiting for a second to make sure my Tio didn't wake up. Once I made sure he wasn't awake, I cautiously crept down the stairs, holding my breath for every step.

I let out a soft sigh of relief once I made it down, pausing once more. Nothing. Perfect.

I hurried to the door, dodging all the floorboards I knew made noise. Finally, I made it out of the house, definitely stressed out from the perilous journey I took to get there.

"You made it, hermosa!" Camilo whisper yelled, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I lightly chuckled, shaking my head.

"Shh.. Don't be too loud. My tio could still hear us. Let's get going." I whispered back. Camilo nodded and began to lead me away from my house. I had no idea where he wanted to take me, but at this time there wasn't much you can do.

"Where are we going..?" I asked as soon as we were far away from the house.

"It's a surprise, bonita. I'm sure you'll like it." Camilo smiled, a hint of mischief in his eyes. I awkwardly smiled back, a little nervous.

"Hah.. knowing you, it could be the stupidest thing ever."

"I wouldn't do that to you. Especially not after today. It's nothing to worry about." He reassured and I trusted him.

His smile never faded as we walked, and I admired that. He was almost always optimistic. Plus, his real smile was so pretty and genuine I almost got jealous every time I saw it.

Camilo noticed me sorta staring at him and I thought I saw his face get a little pink, which made me blush myself.

More silence.