again and again

Felicity was drawing on one of Peters skateboards

Felicity was drawing on one of Peters skateboards. He had asked for a cool design a couple weeks ago and now she was finally getting to it.

She then heard pounding on her front door making her jump up. She placed the skateboard down and paint brush in the cup of water, getting up.

She looked at through the door while unlocking it. She saw Peter, opening it.

The smile that was on her face dropped seeing tears falling down Peters face has he shook.

"Peter what's wrong?" She asked grabbing his hands, trying to comfort him.

"Uncle Ben's dead."

She inhaled sharply, tears forming in her eyes. "W-what?"

"Someone shot him." Peter choked back a sob.

"Oh my god," Felicity breathed shakily, grabbing Peter and pulling him in.

She held him, Peter gripping onto the back of her shirt as he sobbed into her shoulder.

They stayed like that for awhile.

After she got Peter inside, Peter sat on her bed staring at the wall in a daze. He kept replaying what happened over and over again.

He then heard something close, it being very loud to him, which made his heart drop. He quickly looked through the door, fearing Felicity was hurt.

But she wasn't, she was okay, filling up an empty cup with water. He sighed in relief, looking down at his lap.

Felicity walked over to him, putting his cup of water she gotten him on the nighttable next to them. She placed her hands on his knees, crouching down so he would look at her.

"Peter," She spoke up quietly. He didn't answer and continued to stare down. "Peter," She said again, gently grabbing his face to draw him away from his thoughts. She didn't even want to think about what was going on in his head.

After feeling her touch on the sides of his face he looked at her. "Do need anything else?" She asked quietly. "To eat? Change of clothes?"

He sniffled, staring into her eyes. He gently shook his head, "No- no. Can you just-" He inhaled shakily, "stay. don't leave again."

She looked at him sadly and nodded, "Okay,"

She sat next on her bed, laying down as Peter shuffled closer to her. She wrapped her arm around him, the boy laying down on her chest. As he laid in her arms, he realized something- he could hear her heart beat.

He felt himself relax while listening to it.

He look down at her hand that rested on her stomach. With his free hand he grabbed it, grazing her knuckles with his thumbs.

"Thank you Flick." He said barely above a whisper.

She stayed quiet for a moment, before Peter felt her gently kiss the top of his head. She laced her fingers with his.