I felt like one of those rich girls from movies who walk around the house in heels as I made my way down to the stairs and into the kitchen. When I walk in I was greeted with all my friends who cheered when saw me enter and made me blush. I go to take some food and sit down next to Bella.

''So are you guys back together?'' Bella asks me with a big smile, saying it so loudly that all the guys heard and are looking at me for an answer.

''Well first off, we never were together and second of all I don't know what we are'' I tell them honesty and they roll their eyes hoping I would of said something different.

''If it wasn't for Dante I wouldn't even be sitting here right now'' I tell them giving Dante an angry look remembering how he pushed me into Riccardo yesterday at the ball. But I wasn't mad because I loved the way things turned out to be.

''I had to help my buddy out'' He tells me his excuse and I give him a fake smile while everyone else laughs at us.

Later that day

I go to find Riccardo as I have decided I will tell him about George, because if we are starting fresh I don't want any secrets with him. I go to his office and see him there going over some papers looking frustrated and I lightly knock on the door making my presence known. He looks up and his face softens as he sees me. I walk inside and close the door behind me.

''Is something wrong?'' He asks me concerned.

''No I just need to talk to you about something'' I tell him sitting down on the sofa in front of his desk crossing my legs in front of me.

''About what?'' Riccardo asks me looking at me with slight worry.

''About my past relationship'' I tell him looking at his expression.

''What about it?'' He asks me not understanding why I want to talk about my ex.

''Because I want you to know everything and if we are starting fresh and trying out this relationship I want you to know everything'' I tell him hoping I wasn't stupid and embarrassing myself thinking we had a future together.

''Go on then'' He says and I felt relieved.

''So his name is George and we met in high school I was 17 when I first met him. When we finished school he suggested to move to New York so he could pursue his career as a writer.'' I tell him as he sits up from his chair and comes to sit next to me.

''And as you know, we did, we bought an apartment and moved. I wanted to study veterinary medicine but he convinced me not to as it was expensive and saying we didn't have that much money for both of us to pursue our dream career, which I know know was selfish and really stupid'' I can already see Riccardo's eyebrows frowning into and angry grin.

''And there were a lot of other toxic things he did but it doesn't matter. What I really wanted to tell you was that one day he proposed and I said yes'' I take a little pause before continuing seeing how Riccardo would react but he just sit there with rage in his eyes but letting me continue.

''So we planned the wedding and everything, and when the day came I was all dressed up and ready to walk down the aisle when he didn't show up. And from that time I haven't seen him or heard of him, and that was like 9 months ago and that's why I went to Europe, to find myself as he had made me so dependent on him, I barely knew how to shop without him without thinking I was doing something wrong and embarrassing myself.'' I tell him looking down at my hands remembering how awful he actually was to me.

''And then I met you and you made me see my worth and gave me confidence and showed me what a relationship should really be like and that I deserved respect just as much as the other person in the relationship.'' I finish my story and look up to him letting him know I was done with what I had to say.

He brings me into a hug and places a kiss on my head ''I'm sorry you had to go trough that but thank you for telling me.'' He says and places a kiss on top of my head.

Riccardo's POV:

I listened to what Haley had told me and I could feel my body flow with rage. Now I knew why some times she was so insecure of herself, like that time I took her on a date and she asked me what she should wear as if I had to go lay out an outfit for her. I wanted nothing more than to kill that bastard that made my girl think so low of herself, when she thought that only he deserved respect in the relationship.

And it's a good thing he never showed up to the wedding because then Haley would still be suffering till this day. And she wouldn't be mine to love now. I hug her as she cries in my chest remembering the miserable man in her past. I don't understand men who treat women like this, how low do you have to think of yourself to even think of making another person feel bad about themselves and making them change who they are.