The Measures Of Care

Start from the beginning

As I walked in, I was quick to realise that the room was empty. Aaron switched a light on at the far wall and began rummaging through a drawer on the side.

I stood still, watching the strange scene.
"What are you doing?!" I questioned, incredulously.

Aaron continued with his actions as he spoke.
"Shut up." He muttered dismissively. He then pulled a small box out of the drawer- it was white with a red plus printed on the top.

I stood agape as I eyed the first aid box.
"How did you know that was there?" I asked, sitting down on the armchair beside me.

Aaron rolled his eyes as he got up and came towards me.
"Danny's been my friend for more than 10 years. I think I'd know a fair deal about the whereabouts of emergency items in his house." He answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

So, this was Danny's house?

I looked around at the walls and it was then I began to notice all the pictures of Danny. I rolled my eyes.

Hey, it's no wonder this guy is full of himself. I mean, if I lived in a house that was full of my pictures, I'd know I'm loved.

Aaron knelt down besides the armchair that I was sat on. He placed the first aid box on the table in front of him, opening it up. He grabbed a hygiene wipe packet out, ripping open the package and leant towards my face to clean the dried up blood along with the fresh blood.

"Do you want to tell me how this happened?" He asked, his gaze focused on my bloody face. He stroked gently with the wipe and I shivered once or twice when his fingers touched me instead of the wipe.

"No." I murmured honestly. I had thought about telling Aaron the truth more often than not, but went against it every time. We were just fake dating and, even though I had begun to like him, there was no possibility that he reciprocated my feelings. I mean, what would I expect him to do if I told him. There was no way he could save me so, thus, there was no point in telling him.

Aaron sighed deeply and continued with his ministrations. However- not a moment later- his eyes widened a little and he got up abruptly, his questioning glare burning into my face.

"This wasn't done my someone, right?" He questioned hardly, his jaw twitching. His eyes had become dangerously dark and he turned to look towards the door.

"Who was it?" He stated coldly, his fists clenched.

I got up and touched his hand gently. Aaron took his attention of the door and turned abruptly to look at my hand. He then turned his gaze to my face and his eyes bore into mine.

"It was no one." I reassured him with a calm voice. I stroked the palm of his hand lightly with my index finger.

Aaron sighed in frustration and took hold of my index finger, stopping it in its movements. He squeezed tightly.
"Even if it was someone, would you tell me?" He questioned, a scowl on his face.

I laughed slightly, taking hold of his hand.
"And be a snitch, no thanks ." I joked and then we were laughing.

I smiled up at Aaron and he responded in the same manner, his beautiful eyes twinkling in the light. The atmosphere and silence were both soothing and serene and, before I knew it, Aaron and I had leaned in and his lips were on mine.

It was a short kiss, but I felt more sparks now than when I had locked lips with him previously. His lips were soft yet firm against mine and I felt him smile through the kiss. The kiss was over just as it had started but me and Aaron remained close to one another; his hand still entwined in mine.