"Hmm that was a good strategy but try to come up with less time-consuming ones next time." Selene was relieved that Anna could distract the head maid successfully or else it would have been a disaster.

The head maid was a very strict woman with a pointy nose and thin lips and a back so straight that no one would be able to tell she was 60 yrs old if not for the grey hair on her head. She loved discipline more than anything and would lash out at anyone who didn't follow proper discipline.

 Even the villainess who was quite difficult to handle had been taught a lesson by her quite a few times. If she had caught Selene in the training hall she would have immediately reported it to the duke and Selene's plans would have gone into drain.

"But milady did you succeed?"

"Yup, I am now a mage who is ready to perform spells, I should start learning spells now bring my spell bo- but before she could complete her sentence a wave of sleepiness came over her and felt felt a huge yawn bubbling up her throat "-on second thought let's just do that in the morning." With those words Selene laid on the bed and fell asleep immediately after her head touched the fluffy pillow.

*****

Next morning after waking up she reached out for the book for elementary magic and called Anna, who came in and asked what did she need.

"Which element do you think will be the most appropriate to start with?" Selene asked Anna, she seen more of the world than both Selene and the villainess so it was better to ask her opinion.

"Well I think it's best start with water, out of the three elements you have water is the easiest one to control so you should start with that."

Indeed water was quite flexible and was the best element for Selene to begin with. She opened the chapter named 'Water' and read-

Water is one of the basic elements and is the most convenient to practice with since it is found everywhere. For starting take a small amount of water in a glass or bowl and try to move it with the help of mana. To do so circulate the mana present in your core (Use the mana from your core first, only after you have mastered this method, try to use the mana present in your surroundings)  through your body a couple of times, then take a thin layer of mana and wrap it around the water. After doing so you will be able to move the water as you control the mana wrapped around it. NOTE- If  water is not one of your elements or if your mana is not compatible with water you will not be able to do the above magic feat.

Selene asked Anna to pour a small amount of water in a cup and place it in front of her. She circulated her mana in her body after she felt it was flexible enough she took out a thin layer of mana from her core and wrapped it around the water in the cup and tried to move it. 

She succeeded to hold it in the air for few seconds after which her hold slipped and the water came down on the bed with a splash. Selene sheepishly looked at Anna knowing that she had caused more work for Anna. But she saw Anna looking at her with shining eyes.

"Milady that was wonderful!"

"What?" It's wonderful that she made the bed wet?

"You succeeded at your first try! If it would have been someone else it would have at least taken five tries to grasp the method. See I told you that you would be a genius in this."  

"But I could only hold it in the air for few seconds....."

"That's a very good start, I had heard from the butler that even the Duke who was the prodigy of his generation succeeded to do this only after 5 tries. That was enough to crown him as the best little mage among the nobles at that time."