CHAPTER 14

— target locked✦

Donghyuck and Renjun were too stunned to speak when Jeno told them everything.

Unlike them, the ravenette just sat quietly, admiring their lovely youngest peacefully sleeping in his arms.

At first, Renjun was about to talk when the brunette nudged his elbow and shook his head. He already knew that they could trigger their possessive lover's deadly side if they ever said the wrong words.

"Umm, Jen?" Donghyuck carefully called

"Hmm?"

"Are you aware that... this is your first woman to kill?"

"Yeah?"

"And you.. we.."

Jeno finally tore his gaze off the pinkette and looked over to the hesitating brunette, shooting a warm smile and motioning for him to come closer.

Gulping once, Donghyuck slowly did, his hands trembling, and only stopped when the ravenette initiated a soft kiss to calm him down.

"Tell me everything, baby; I'm not mad today." Jeno hummed. "Look at Nana; isn't he so precious?"

"He is," Donghyuck replied with the same airy tone as he looked over their youngest's soft features.

"He is so lovely, my Nana. I will kill just to be with him. My Nana, he didn't deserve to be touched, burned, and hurt. He is ours, Channie, ours."

It wasn't long when Renjun also joined, and Jeno put them to sleep, whispering some words of possession.

"You're mine; you're all mine; remember that, hm? My boys, only mine. I love you so much," he lastly whispered.

"Have you found anything?" the chief police officer asked as he reached the forensics. One guy in a white robe immediately nodded and motioned for him to follow.

The two entered the small office room, the forensic scientist holding a zip lock containing the bloody scissors that the department picked up on the murder spot.

"We found multiple prints, so we assumed that many used the tool beforehand, and they are all students. We already recorded those who we identified, but there is one print that overlapped them all. We believed it's the suspect."

A name and a student ID picture appeared on the monitor as the chief closely looked at them.

"Student? He looks harmless."

"Like they said, don't judge the book by its cover. If our suspect is really him, then we should immediately bring him out—preferably with the others too. We need a story."

"Does he have any previous records?"

"Would you lend me your ears for another hour?"

The chief confusedly looked at the scientist, who just typed on the keyboard and showed the suspect's thumbprint.

"Okay this might sound crazy and unbelievable, but I did some sort of a research of the identified persons. This guy doesn't have enough records. Personal, contacts, academic, etcetera. He was just registered as an adoptive child of business man Harold Lee with three other brothers. Transferees from Illinois, but the house number is off.", he talked while rummaging to the lots of folders under his desk

"Also, isn't it a bit suspicious?", he finally slammed all the documents that the chief also find familiar– so familiar that he snapped at the scientist who just went to the computer again

"All of the stress and troubles from the murder case from 2 years ago and the recent ones, remember that we finally received a bit of a print but didn't had the chance to recover it fully?"

"Because it's non-existent."

"Until now"

Then with a click, the prints showed on the screen– one from two years ago, and one from the scissor.

"It matched"