CHAPTER 11

— change isn't always permanent. look back and you'll see✦

 look back and you'll see✦

The next morning is a big pang of change. The day still didn't start properly, but they already felt that they left a big part of their lives yesterday.

There's no playthings around. The kitchen countertop is void of blades that were always secretly hidden. Nothing behind the frames either, nor in the wall cabinets—everywhere.

The key to the basement, where all the tickets to craziness are, is in the Chinese's possession; neither of them dared to ask.

The air inside the mansion is rather dull and empty, but they all shared small smiles to compensate for it.

It was going well. At least for now.

The brunette had to curse at the Chinese when he saw him tossing a carving tool in his bag, which he portrayed as dangerous and unfair. Donghyuck stopped yelling when Renjun flinched and earned an explanation about him joining the art club last night.

Needless to say, it was burned in the past, and the two are back to being sickeningly sweet.

"Hey Injun~", Wooyin greeted in her usual bright tone, slumping on her seat with a loud sigh. "Did you bring today's assignment?"

"Yes, I'm surprised it was easy when I reviewed it again." Renjun beamed and pulled his paper full of math solving.

"Woooow," Jooyoung followed right after, leaning close to see the Chinese's answers, "You're smart, Jun."

"No, just studying."

"Burn," Wooyin teased, and the tall male just openly raised his middle finger.

Renjun laughed at them, soon mended the rising fight when he asked them about their work, and later became their tutor.