CHAPTER 8

— strumming my pain with his fingers
singing my life with his words
killing me softly with his song ✦

— strumming my pain with his fingerssinging my life with his wordskilling me softly with his song ✦

It was a literal 7-day streak. They haven't voted it out, but just one look and they are already on their way to bring mischief.

The people around the seven victimized neighborhoods lost at least half of their population overnight. The crimes department is working twice as hard, but nobody knew the next place they would walk onto.

Just when one of them drew a tracing map of the week's location, the police departments almost lost their heads when the trace only formed a 😵 face.

The wanted killers were a tease; no, they are actually crazy.

This was the longest cold case they had after 10 successful years, and this has been going on for 2 years.

"Can we have a break, please?" Jaemin whined as he plopped on the sofa and threw his head back in exhaustion.

"Whyyy, this is fun!" Donghyuck hummed and straddled him. "Is Nana really tired?"

"Cleaning is not sweeping and scrubbing; I am taking care of the surveillance and sewing flesh. Hyuck, I have the most work!"

"Okay, okay, let's stop for now, geez." The brunette got off and bugged Renjun next.

"Aren't you going to wash off?" Jeno's voice made the tired male groan, the response making the ravenette furrow his brows and stand in front of him. "Na Jaemin, stand up and shower."

"Leave me beeeeee, I am dead!"

"But you're answering."

"I mean, ugh, Jeno, please, talking exhausts me even more."

The sudden weight on his lap made Jaemin let out an oof and shot his eyes open, just being greeted by his smirking lover.

"Do you want something, Jeno?"

"Mhm," Jeno slowly leaned forward until their lips ghosted, their small, hot breaths molded together. "I'm hungry."

Jaemin rolled his eyes. "Ugh, so? Eat."

"I will. Though I'm going to make your eyes roll in a different way."