Chapter 23 || The Meeting

(No pov)
-Two Days Later-

Dream awoke and quickly got ready for day, he left his room to head to the meeting room where he, his siblings, and the council discussed the kingdoms problems and the coronation.

His daily schedule had remained the same for the past four days, it was getting boring and Dream couldn't wait until the coronation or the Kingdoms Meeting, even though he was worried about if he would be accepted as the new king or if the other rulers would try to start another war.

He knew that the other rulers don't want another war, they did agree to the meeting after all- but he couldn't help but have that sickening feeling.

But his schedule... despite it being only four days from when it started he was already bored of it.

It was always-

-Wake up
-Plan the coronation
-Take a break
-Work on the kingdom's problems
-Try to fix his army's 'Kill other kingdom citizens on sight' mindset (They were all doing well so far)
-Go out to the town with Drista and Ranboo as another break
-Have dinner
-Read a bit and go through the files in the office
-Sleep

That's how it went for the past four days.

In the morning he never had time to have breakfast, he always woke up later then he wanted and it always put him at risk of being late for everything.

So here he was, running through the castle halls and nearly running into guards, servants, or advisors.

He new they whispered about him, how he was always late or in a hurry, how he was the one who murdered the king, how he lived in the Arctic Kingdom during the war. Dream never minded the whispers or jokes, he was too busy to care.

Dream was running through the halls but slowed down outside a familiar pair of doors, he opened the doors before entering, he immediately saw three people there though, Ranboo, Drista, and one of the advisors, Ant.

"Good morning." He greeted them all, he received a bow from Ant and a nod from his siblings.

"You're early for once." Ranboo mused, Dream rolled his eyes, "Shush. I had to skip breakfast for the past four days to not be late." Dream said.

"That's not good Dream." Drista chimed in, "I can't wait until someone scolds you for it." She muttered, Dream laughed, "I'll be fine." He said.

The royal meeting room was large rectangular room, it had dark wooden walls with paintings of landscapes on the walls, there was a rectangular table in the center of the room that matched the walls with comfortable chairs surrounding it, a small chandelier hung above the table and a grandfather clock was beside a large set of windows.

The three were sitting in their chairs and Ant was going through a book of the current coronation plans, Dream took his seat and waited for the other council members to arrive.

Soon enough the other five council members arrived, Callahan, Mumbo, Grian, Jack, and Connor.

Everyone took their seat before they began.

"So today let's go over the decoration plans and colour themes." Ant suggested as they all sat down, Dream nodded and the meeting began.

-Two hours later-

Dream sighed as Ant wrapped up the meeting, Dream luckily had another hour before his next activity.

Dream left the council room to head to the kitchen to eat something but was stopped by a guard.

"Your highness? Letters arrived for you from the Arctic." They informed him as they held out three letters, Dream's eyes lit up and he smiled as he took them, "Thank you! I'll read them right away." He said with a bow before walking off.