Chapter 7 || The Knighting Ceremony and Friendly Duels

(No pov)
!!Warning yelling and arguing!!
-Two weeks later-

"Welcome everyone to the Annual Knighting Ceremony!" Phil said as the citizens cheered, today was quite exciting as it was the knighting ceremony, guards and soldiers who served well got the promotion, or anyone who was becoming a royal guard.

It had been two weeks since Dream had visited Jadeite town ruins and he had ever so slightly gotten closer with the two oldest princes, he and Techno sparred often while occasionally also helping Wilbur with his new songs.

"We have so many new and old people to knight today so let's begin the ceremony!" Phil said, the royal family stood on the stage outside and in the middle of the castle courtyard, it was much more extravagant than the one in the town square too.

This stage had the same engravings on the floor as the one in the town but the pillars twisted like trees into the sunlight which reflected off the gold and silver that were embedded in the floor and pillars.

King Phil drew the sword that Techno had retrieved from the throne room, he than called the first person forward, "Will Punz please step forward?" Phil announced.

Dream clapped for his friend a let a tiny smile slip through, Punz stepped onto the stage and kneeled in front of the king,

"Sir Punz of the Arctic Kingdom, you have served our kingdom for two and a half years and have fought valiantly against the war that has been bringing despair to all of the kingdoms." Phil stated as he lowered the sword onto one of Punz's shoulders.

"We hope you will continue fighting for our kingdom with the same determination until the this war has ended." Phil said as he lifted the sword up, "Punz, I, King Phil of the Arctic, hereby knight you," Phil finished as he touched Punz's other shoulder,

The crowd clapped and cheered as Phil lifted the sword, "You may rise." Phil said, Punz stood up, he bowed before Phil dismissed him.

Phil knighted four other people- each one had years of experience and left the stage with a huge and happy grin- before turning to the crowd with a tiny smile.

"Recently we have had a new guard with skill that matched Prince Technoblade's skill." Phil announced.

"My generals and I have been told that on his first mission to the Jade kingdom he completed his mission without a single problem." Phil said.

"Even though he joined our army and royal guard two weeks ago, he has proven his bravery, strength, and determination." Phil stated, the crowd was filled with hushed whispers, most knew who he was talking about.

"Will Dream please step forward?" Phil asked with a small smile, Dream's eyes widened in surprise and horror but stepped forward anyway.

(Dream's pov)

Should I be happy?

Should I be scared?

What if they find out?

No. They won't find out.. right?

No. They covered my tracks...

...hopefully...

"Dream, I, King Phil of the Arctic, hereby knight you."

Knights have more duties and attend more meetings and war planning sessions.

They will find out eventually.

Just not soon...

(No pov)