Chapter 21 || The Letters

(No pov)
-Two Days Later-

Dream awoke with an immediate sense of sadness.

It had been two days since he had gotten all of his memories back, and since then he had finished his letter to Kinoko, called all the Jade soldiers back, discussed the coronation for him, and grew closer to Wilbur. The sense of love and comfort he felt when he woke up was much stronger now.

Dream slowly got out of bed before changing into his normal clothes, he left his room and went to his office to collect his letters, he had decided to write letters to Sapnap and Bad as well, they were his friends before the war had begun after all.

He had asked Wilbur last night if he'd deliver them to the other royals, and Wilbur had agreed.

Now Wilbur was leaving today, and he was leaving Dream with the anxiety of not knowing what the other royals would think.

Dream left his room and headed to his office to collect the five letters, he pushed open his office doors and grabbed the letters from the desk.

Each letter had been slipped inside an envelope and sealed with green wax with the Royal Jade symbol engraved in gold on the wax.

Dream quickly slipped them into a messenger bag and put the bag around his shoulder before leaving his office to go to the stables.

Dream ran through the halls and eventually came across the opening that led outside and into the courtyard where the stables were.

The courtyard was surrounded by the large stone wall that went around the entire castle, the ground was laid with cobblestone with a few decorative bushes and benches and a beautiful fountain in the center, the stables were also stone and were built off of the wall, the gates to each horse were made of black irons and polished wood, each had been taken care of wonderfully.

Dream noticed General Corpse along with the two Arctic princes talking with the man who ran the stables.

Dream also noticed that they were on horses already. Oh dear, he had woken up late.

Dream started to run towards them, Wilbur had turned his head and laughed quietly at Dream.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me." Dream yelled as he arrived, Wilbur just continued laughing and this resulted in Dream groaning angrily.

"Well I'm sorry I woke up late." Dream said with a scoff, he took the messenger bag off his shoulder and handed it to Wilbur. "These are the letters." Dream explained, Wilbur nodded and took the bag before putting it over his shoulder.

Wilbur smiled, "I suppose that I'll be seeing you soon?" Wilbur asked and Dream smiled as well, "Yes, thank you for staying as well, I'm glad you helped me with my memory issue." Dream replied with a bow.

Wilbur hopped off his horse and pulled Dream into a hug, "I'm glad as well." Wilbur whispered to Dream, and Dream quickly returned the hug.

The two pulled apart and Wilbur hopped back onto his horse, but Dream had grabbed his hand gently. "I'll see you soon then, Wilbur." Dream said sadly.

"See you soon Dream." Wilbur replied with a bittersweet smile, Dream seemed hesitant before inhaling and pulling Wilbur down to his eye level.

Dream kissed his cheek before letting go of his hand and stepping back, embarrassment was written across his face.

Wilbur returned to his regular position and chuckled as he brushed his hand against his cheek.

"If you two are done already, we have to get home now." Techno said loudly, Dream's cheeks glowed as Wilbur smiled at him.