Chapter 9.3

"I am Gilderoy Lockhart .Receiver of The Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most charming smile award. And I shall be your Defence against the dark arts teacher this year. Together we will learn many things and my skilled self will be teaching you amazing things . Just like how I once turned-" 

"Uhm" A rather loud cough and pointed glare by McGonagall made Lockhart return to his seat . He waved at the crowd of students and smiled nervously at McGonagall. 

"And Now, let the feast,begin!" Dumbledore said . Just then , Snape came rushing in, whispered something in his ear and Dumbledore ran off hurriedly.

Ariel's eyes , along with her two friends' followed Dumbledore until her was out of sight. 

"What do you think happened? " Leonard asked. 

"Maybe Filch's cat was murdered. " Vedika said , shrugging and digging into her chicken. 

"Okay very funny. But be serious. And look, Potter and Weasley aren't here " Leonard said. 

"Which Weasley? " Ariel asked looking around and trying to spot the redheads. Her eyes, while looking over, met with one of the twins. Fred?George ?Who knows, it was hard to recognise from afar. And honestly, who cares? 

"Potter's sidekick  , of course "Vedika said. 

"At this rate, I don't even care with the amount of trouble they cause. Just pray to Godric that these rats won't cause trouble this year "

----------

"Are you telling me..... That Potter and Weasley drove an enchanted car to Hogwarts, almost exposed the existence of magic, crashed into an old tree , a school property,  that almost killed them, and got away with it? Like, Just got away? Survived? Didn't get expelled?! "Ariel whisper yelled. 

"Exactly " Vedika answered.

"That is the most ridiculous shit that-" Ariel began when an owl crashed into a bowl of cereal right in front of Potter and Weasley .

"What is that?" Vedika asked, looking at the red letter  Weasley pulled out of the owl's clutches.

There was some murmuring between Potter and his friends before Weasley gulped and opened the letter. 

The letter formed a shape like that of a mouth and hovered just a little above Weasley. Then, a sound that made the tables shake and the spoons rattle came through the letter. The ear piercing screech of a woman that they later realized was Molly Weasley's. 

"STEALING THE CAR! I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY EXPELLED YOU , YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE " People had gathered around to see who had received the Howler.

"LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT . I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD HAVE DIED !" The sound echoed so loudly through the stone walls of Hogwarts , one could have mistaken it as something being broken down .

"I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED ! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT !IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" The Howler was barking up close to Weasley 's face before it turned to look sideways and its voice, or rather, Molly Weasley's voice softened. 

"Oh and Ginny Dear, Congratulations on making into Gryffindor. Your Father and I are so proud " Little Miss Weasley was blushing furiously, meanwhile her brother, The Potter's friend, wasn't even visible. He had ducked under the table and only his now crimson forehead with his red hair was visible. 

And then, with a final look towards Weasley, the letter curled and burnt into ashes. A ringing silence fell over the great hall before a ripple of laughter could be heard . Vedika and Leonard were laughing, hard, clutching each other for dear life while Ariel bit her lips to stop herself from laughing. Soon enough, the only sound that echoed through the great hall was of laughter and giggles,now from everyone . Ariel saw from the corner of her eyes, a few professors giggling to themselves.

Ron Weasley could be seen grumbling to himself aa as the laughter died down .

"Well , I don't know what he expected , appreciation ?"