Chapter 7.3

"That is what you say " Hopkirk Said, scribbling down something in a file. 

" But It is the truth! " Vedika yelled back, and her friends had to hold her back from lashing out in anger

"You say that it is the truth " Hopkirk said. 

Scribbling down a few things she turned to Ariel. 

"Miss Black, I quite don't believe the fact that you could stay perfectly fine even after getting scratched by a werewolf . How can this happen? " 

" Wouldn't I have told you If I knew the answer to this? " Ariel snapped back, and her friends glanced at her briefly, knowing that she could have said worse .

"Very Well. Now, Mr Rogers? " Hopkirk asked. 

"Yes, ma'am? " Leonard said. 

"I find it quite amusing how you, a mere child could perform the Homorphus charm, when many skilled Witches and Wizards have failed to perform it in their lifetime " Hopkirk said. 

Leonard, not knowing what to say, stayed silent. 

Hopkirk said no more. It was as if she had made up a decision and needed no confirmation for that. And Ariel could tell that this want a positive decision on their side. 

"Ma'am, you can check our memories " Ariel said. Vedika and Leonard stared at her in surprise. 

"Are you that confident, Ms.Black ?" Hopkirk said and smiled, as if she knew Ariel will say that. 

"I am " Ariel said. 

"Then, I must have you known That according to section 20 of the Underage Use of Magic board, Testing the memories of anyone under the age of 17 is not allowed "

"Dammit " Vedika muttered under her breath. 

"Then how are we supposed to convince you that what we are telling is the truth ?" Leonard asked. 

"For that, we will need the statement of a witness. And since I don't see any witness here -" Hopkirkk began but was cut off. 

"I have the proof from the witness "

And the person who walked in was someone Ariel definitely did not desire to see. 

It was Dumbledore ,walking in with a small smile. 

" Good evening, Mr Dumbledore. I would like to inform you how rude it was of you to walk in without permission into my office " Hopkirk said. 

"I am afraid, Ms Hopkirk, that the matter at hand cannot be delayed. If I was unfortunate to walk in a few minutes later, innocent students would have gotten their right to magic taken away " Dumbledore said, casually walking up to Hopkirk and handing her a small bottle and a scroll 

"The memory of the witness , with all information " Dumbledore said and casually and  walked out .

-------------------------

As Hopkirk walked out With Amelia Bones behind her, They walked into Sirius Black. 

Or rather, Sirius Black walked into them. 

"Good morning Mr Black -" Amelia Bones Began 

" I am sorry to rudely interrupt you, Miss Bones, but I am guessing you are handling the case of Ariel Black, Leonard Rodgers and Vedika Malhotra? " Sirius asked. 

"We are but -" It was Hopkirk who was interrupted this time. 

"Can you please mind informing me what has been happening ?" Sirius said. 

They briefly told him about everything as they walked back to Hopkirk's office. 

"Albus Dumbledore gave this to us. Said he got the memory from an Old Wizard  near the Village. The man, saw all what The three described. The man, who has been reported as Reginald Beauregard even helped them shortly to escape . It was confirmed by Some Aurors checking up on him " Bones said. 

"So the three are clear? " Sirius asked. 

"Cleared of all charges. And, strong search operations have began around Ilkley, to locate the werewolf who's information and position is unknown " Hopkirk said, though, she looked around little disappointedly.

"That's nice " Sirius said. 

"Don't worry, Sirius. But I have to say, your daughter is rather ........Difficult  " Bones said. 

" May I ask why do you say that? " 

"She dared to say she didn't have parents " Hopkirk replied casually .

That hurt Sirius, but before he could say anything else, Bones began. 

"She is rather strange and mysterious  too "

"W-why exactly ?" Sirius asked. 

" She survived a werewolf's scratches without severe harm unlike any other Witch or Wizard " Hopkirk said. 

"Even more the fact that she had an unreported Old  Wizard Be witness for her and vouch for her . A wizard who in our reports has never existed yet somehow his life record popped up in the Ministry just this morning" Amelia Bones said. 

"But we might never know........... Life records are rather strange " Hopkirk said, looking at Sirius. 

And Sirius could only pray that she hadn't found out the secret the Fawley Family had been hiding for many decades.