Chapter 5.2

A/n : Sorry for such a short chapter ........The next one will be long , I promise

Warning : Self Harm , Foul language and lots and lots of blood . Don't ever read this chapter if you are uncomfortable .

Blood , Blood and lot's of blood .....that was what Ariel was surrounded with . She let out a hiss of pain as she tried to sit up . She finally managed to do it . She slowly pulled out the glass pieces from her , tears flowing out of her eyes . She collected all those bloodied up shards of glass at one place . Then , she got up and ripped some cloth off the sofa cover and wiped her hands and shoulders off blood . When she was cleaned up , she ran out of the orphanage towards the lake .

It was Early morning and the sun had just began rising above the horizon . Some stars were still twinkling and the moon appeared to be just an outline. Birds were chirping in a melody in the distance , a cool and gentle breeze blowing through the trees . Some flowers were blossoming at the edge of the lake . Despite the calm aura near the lake , Ariel's mind couldn't seem to calm down .

Ariel limped towards the lake and as usual , sat at its edge , her legs dipped in the water . Blood on her feet was washed away , but she didn't care to wash the rest of her body off .

Her mind was racing . Weak.......Helpless........Weak...........Freak.......Pathetic ...........

The words kept repeating in echos in Ariel's mind . She knew that she shouldn't be affected with such things , but she couldn't help it . last night's torture was the most painful one until now ........What if she was weak and that was the reason that all this hurt her a lot .

Weak.............That was what Ariel was.......Weak ...............That was how she felt .

She gulped and leaned onto her hands as she looked up at the rising sun . But , as soon as she had leaned on her hand , she had felt a string of pain shoot through her arm . She hissed and cursed loudly as she looked at her arm . A lather large Glass shard was piercing her shoulder skin , the pain was so much that she hadn't even noticed the shard over there . She plucked the shard out , cursing loudly again .

Fresh blood trickled down her arm and down the glass shard . She stared at the pointy piece of glass , her blood was dripping out of it - straight into the lake .The words echoed in her mind.

Weak.............Pathetic..........useless.............WEAK .

Weak.........

Was she weak ...........No she wasn't . She wanted to prove it . She wanted to test if she really was weak .

She picked the glass shard up and cut a large scratch at the back of her hand . She cursed very loudly and gritted her teeth . She did it again . and again . Until - there wasn't a sound coming from her when she pierced her own skin.

HA.........Look at that.........I am not weak, Bitches ! .................

Ariel laughed . She felt tears streaming down her face out of pain , but she was still laughing like a maniac..........for she had proven herself that she wasn't weak . She wasn't weak . The blood streaming out of her own skin gave her some sort of relaxation . After a few minutes of admiring her new wounds , she tore a large piece of the shirt - making the t-shirt look like a crop top . She then wrapped some pieced of fabric around the deeper wounds as she cleaned them with the lake water . The water near her feet was tinted red , the grass she was sitting on was tinted red . It was a heartbreaking scene . A broken girl covered in darkness and blood , despite the calming and light scenery around her .