Chapter 2.3

" And This.......is my Library " Leonard said , proudly . Ariel smiled as she scanned around her friend's collection of Books that filled up one whole Wall of his Bedroom .

" Is reading the Only Damn thing you do ?" Vedika asked Leonard , flopping down on his bed , too bored by the large collection of books . His collection of books, magazines , charts and Poems were the only things Leonard had been showing them ever since they arrived at his house two hours ago.

" Oh C'mon- You might know how good reading feels ,if you ever picked up a Book , that is" Leonard said .

" Really.....Well I have picked up a book , see?" Vedika said , picking up a book . Ariel knew that these were one of their daily playful quarrels that ended up in them not talking to each other for a few hours and then pretending that nothing ever happened . But Still, Ariel wanted nothing to do with their arguments , and hence - she was more than thankful for Mrs. Rodgers's perfect timing of calling them down for dinner.

" Coming !" The three teens called out and hurried down the stairs , poking each other playfully down the way .

They all settled on The Middle sized dining Table . Mrs. Rodgers and Leonard served the dinner , refusing Ariel and Vedika's request to help them.

The family sat together , laughing and chatting . Ariel and Vedika exchanged the look . The both of them had never experienced such a Thing . Ariel had never even had a family , and Vedika's family dinners were usually filled with silence or her parents criticizing her . The two felt a sense of comfort and acceptance , the sense they longed for .

" Mrs. Rodgers-" Vedika began .

" Lana, Call me Lana you two " Mrs. Rodgers said looking at Ariel and Vedika .

"O-Okay Mrs-I mean - Lana. Umm- I just wanted to mention something I realized . Your house is situated so near to Ilkley - The wizarding village . Like-It is just across the Forest " Vedika said .

" It is ?" Mr. Rodgers asked ,looking amused . Ariel looked between everyone , slowly filling her mouth with the tasty noodles made by Mrs. Rodgers .

"Yeah..." Ariel mumbled .

"I never knew it, really . We have been living here near the woods ever since Leonard was Born, due to Steve's Job at for the supervision of products at the nearest farm . We even went for walks at the edge of the Forest " Mrs. Rodgers said , motioning to her husband Steve .

(A/n: Yes , I admit that I did this on purpose)

"Yeah......you can go exploring if you want while we set up your beds " Steve said .

" That will be fun !" Vedika exclaimed very loudly, standing up from her seat . This often happened whenever she was excited . Everyone at the table stared at her as she slowly sat down . There was a pin drop silence for a few seconds

"Uh-sorry " She murmured . And with that everyone at the table Burst out laughing yet again .

As they had planned , The group of the three set out for a walk near the forest . They had planned for it to be a short and nice walk with chatter , fun , and some exploring.

The trio walked under the shining moonlight coming from the full moon , enjoying themselves .The sound of a small stream of water could be heard in the background, along with a few owls hooting .

Vedika was literally running around , and Leonard , who knew about the forest , kept her from roaming away and she huffed playfully .Ariel had to admit , as much as she shipped her best friends together , she felt like the third wheel - which she technically was . Ariel walked a little further behind the two , smiling to herself and kicking the small stones on the ground as she walked, her hands in the pockets of her old jeans .

"Ariel ! C'mon , quick !" A very excited Vedika shouted . Ariel looked up from the ground and noticed Vedika and Leonard standing ahead of her , and strangely-both of them looked taller than she remembered . The two were farther away from her , and they were standing in a lightened Area .

Ariel squinted her eyes in the Dark and walked forward . And the next moment , the darkness of the forest seemed to disappear as Ariel found herself standing in a large clearing .

The scenery in front of her was breathtaking . The three of them were at the edge of a cliff , Vedika and Leonard standing on top of a rock at the very edge .Moonlight from the full moon shone upon them , making their bodies look shiny and silver . Ariel's mouth hung open as she walked forward and joined Vedika and Leonard on the large rock . From the cliff , Ariel was sure that they would be able to look far away in the sunlight and it would be a beautiful scenery , but it was a bit difficult to see further away due to the darkness that was spread across the ground that was meters away from the cliff .

" This is just-wow" Ariel whispered in awe . She had seen the stars and moon numerous times , even talked to them and spent her time with them , but never had she seen them in their whole glory and beauty the way she did in that moment .

" I know " Vedika muttered back .

The trio pulled their arms around each other as they looked around .

" I have seen this many times.......But it feels even more beautiful with you two around" Leonard said .

Vedika playfully rolled her eyes and muttered - "That was cheesy , Rodgers"

Leonard just smiled at her .

"And let me guess.........That is the village of Ilkley , right ?" Ariel said , pointing out in the very far away distance on the ground from the cliff , where she could see a few flickers of light and little bit of movement subtly in the dark.

"It is........." Leonard said.

"Many strange things have happened whenever me and Mum sometimes went exploring the park of that village . It wasn't until I read about it being a Wizarding village did I realize why " Leonard said , but it was ignored by the girls as they were too busy absorbing the scenery around them .

This moment was perfect . For all three of them . With each other, together , in blissful peace . But , not everything good lasts long , does it ?

Because the next moment , there was a shuffling in the woods of the forest , a few meters behind them . And the three felt themselves freeze , their breathes hitching and their heartbeat increasing as they tried not to scream at the sound they heard a few seconds later -

A Painful and horrifying Howl .