Ten

HOVERING OVER HIS unconscious brother, something appeared in the corner of his eye. He glanced that way to find Jack standing where he had disappeared just seconds ago, only this time, his white shirt was smeared with blood.

What happened? The other victims discovered had no wounds. What did Jack do this time? Did he even remember what he had done, or was his memories still blocked after an attack?

Jack's knees collided with the floor as he sobbed, his eyes darting between each hand. "You should've killed me!" he shouted.

Dean listened to him sob, but he didn't run to his side. He knew what he had to do. His brother meant the world to him, and he had promised to protect him. He wasn't going to give up on that promise now.

Jack turned his head upward and looked his way. Gasping, he climbed to his feet and ran towards Dean, kneeling on the ground beside Sam. "What happened?" He sniffed back a sob.

"He was poisoned," Dean answered, blankly.

"What?" Jack asked. "How?"

Dean's eyes never wavered off the Nephilim, afraid that he would disappear if he suspected something. "When Benjamin captured him."

Jack turned his attention up towards Dean. "Like how he's using that serum on me." He gently placed a hand on Sam's bicep. "What are we going to do? How are we going to get the antidote?"

Dean narrowed his eyes as he slowly lowered Sam to the floor. "I can give him you." Pulling back his hand, he balled it into a fist and lunged it across Jack's cheek.

The force spun Jack around and he landed on the floor on his stomach unconscious.

Dean sighed as he glanced down at his brother. "I'm sorry, Sammy. But I won't let you die." He stood to his feet and walked over to his duffle bag. Rummaging through its contents, he found the handcuffs he had made specially for Jack—the handcuffs with the Nephilim symbols engraved into the metal. Walking back over and kneeling beside Jack, he gripped the young boys hands and pulled them behind his back cuffing his wrists.

He rolled Jack onto his stomach and hoisted him up and over his shoulder. As he hurried to the door, he took one final glance back at Sam who laid unconscious and bloody on the floor. This had to be done.

He cracked open the door and scanned around the door outside and the parking lot making sure no one was around. He swiftly made his way outside, closed the door behind him, and headed towards Baby. He opened the back door and gently placed Jack down on the leather. He slammed the back door shut and opened the driver side at the same time. Slipping inside, he started the impala and drove off towards the stadium.

*****

Dean shoved Jack forward and down onto his knees. A bright light suddenly lit up their surroundings revealing the arena where Jack, Jason, and Callie had played just yesterday.

Jack pulled on his arms as he tried breaking free from his bonds, but didn't have the strength. He turned his head upward towards Dean, a plea for freedom in his eyes. "Please, Dean! Don't do this! I don't want to become Benjamin's personal killer!"

"We're here!" Dean shouted, ignoring what Jack had to say.

Swinging his head back around at the sound of wings, Jack saw Benjamin standing before him. Jason stood back to the right holding an angel blade up to Castiel's throat—Castiel's face was already bloodied from what had to have been a small battle. Glancing to the left, two more angels stood with their angel blades grasped in their fists.