Five

JACK SAT ON top of a cooler inside an old, abandon fish factory with his knees up to his chest. The smell was horrendous, but at least he knew that neither Sam or Dean would be able to find him here.

Rubbing his side, his wound was already mostly healed, but a small amount of pain still lingered. Why had he gotten injured? He had never been able to get hurt like that. So why now? What had changed? Other than becoming a serial killer without the knowledge of being one.

He placed his forehead on his knees and sighed. His chest squeezed as the image of Castiel lying motionless on the ground filled his mind. First Callie, and now Castiel? Callie was the only one he could remember, but he knew that he had killed those other four players too. How many of his friends was he going to either kill or get killed? Everyone needed to stay away from him. The only thing he was good at was losing control.

"You're right. You're kinda a menace now."

Jack raised his head and jolted when he found his father sitting beside him. "Father?" He shook his head. "No. You're not really here."

Lucifer shrugged. "Not yet."

Jack wrapped his arms around his legs and turned his head away from his father. "Go away."

"Yeah... Can't do that."

Jack turned his attention back towards Lucifer. "Then what do you want with me?"

Lucifer snorted. "I don't want anything from you, son. I just wanted to know how it felt being me for once." He laid a hand on his chest.

Jack furrowed his brow. "Being you?"

"Well, yeah. Killing innocent people." Lucifer drew his left leg up to his chest and rested his arm on top of it. "Feels good, doesn't it? People hating you, and getting Cass killed?" He shivered. "Sends chills down my spine."

Jack narrowed his eyes. "I'm nothing like you. Sam and Dean say you're the bad guy. I'm not a bad guy."

Lucifer raised a brow. "You're not?" He chuckled. "Then why'd you run away?"

Jack adverted his gaze as he frowned.

"Face it, son," Lucifer continued. "Getting their best friend killed? Sam and Dean are going to hate you forever." He pointed to himself. "If I'm first on their list, well... I'd say you just replaced me."

Lucifer sighed as he placed his hands behind his head. "You're like me in more ways than you could've imagined, son, and when I find you, I'll teach you everything I know."

Anger rose as Jack clenched his hands into fists. He slammed his eyes shut and yelled, "Go away!" After a few seconds of total silence, he opened his eyes to find that his father was gone.

Resting his arms back on top of his knees, he closed his eyes and breathed a sigh. Was he like his father? No matter how hard he tried to be good, he found it difficult. And now, he had started killing innocent people just as Father had said.

Was this always his destiny? To be hunted by Sam and Dean? To be their greatest enemy? He had corrupted angel blood in him. He was born evil, and as much as Sam tried to get him to believe differently, the events from the past couple days told him otherwise. Perhaps it was best if he just disappeared.

*****

Returning from their talk with the police at the station, Sam stepped out of the car. Hearing Dean's side of the car door slam, Sam felt a chill in the air. He heard Dean talking, but couldn't make out the words as his mind was drawn to something else.