Seven

SAM'S EYES SLOWLY fluttered open as he lifted his head. He tried lifting a hand to his aching head, but found it impossible. As his vision cleared, he looked down at his hands to find his wrists tied to the arms of a wooden chair.

Alarmed, he tugged against the restraints. He glanced over the side of the arm rest to see his feet tied by rope as well.

"Tell me. What's the point in struggling?" A man stepped out of the shadows. "Jack did the same thing."

Sam furrowed his brow. "Benjamin Silvers?"

Benjamin smiled and gave a partial wave. "Hi, Sam."

Sam gritted his teeth as he pulled on the ropes once more. "What are you doing?"

Benjamin bent forward, resting his hands on Sam's forearms. "I want Jack. I've always wanted Jack. He's the perfect weapon." He leaned in close to Sam's ear and whispered, "And you're going to bring him to me." He pushed himself upright as he stepped behind the chair.

Sam squinted his eyes. "Jack. I don't understand. What does he have to do with any of this? What do you need him for?"

"Because unfortunately," Benjamin continued from behind Sam, "I can't finish what I started without my Nephilim."

Sam felt his throat tighten at Benjamin's words. He snarled. "You knew."

Benjamin suddenly swung around the back of the chair inches from Sam's face. "Indeed I did. From the very beginning." He took a few steps back and held up a syringe which contained a blue substance.

Sam gulped as he tried stalling. Maybe Dean knew he was missing and would barge in to save him. That's what always happened, right? "It was you all along. The killings that Jack had done. It was never really Jack. You were controlling him the entire time. Why? Why'd you kill your own players?"

Benjamin gave a shrug. "Do I need a reason? Because it's fun? Because it's the reason I made Kitora in the first place?" He suddenly burst into laughter.

"You're sick!" Sam shouted. "You murdered all those kids!"

Benjamin placed a hand on his chest as he gave an offended look. "Oh no, Sam. It wasn't me. There's no proof of that." Again, he chuckled.

Lunging towards Sam, Benjamin gripped Sam's hair yanking his head to the side revealing his strong, thick neck. Holding up the syringe with his left hand, he angled the needle at Sam's neck.

"No!" Sam shouted. "Get off of me!"

Feeling a quick sting, Sam clenched his eyes shut as he gritted his teeth. Benjamin thrust Sam's head to the side as he let go of his hair. Glancing back at Benjamin, Sam balled his hands into fists and tried escaping his bonds once more. "When I get out of here," he began, "I'm going to—"

"What?" Benjamin interrupted. "Kill me? That's what Jack said you'd do anyway." He walked behind the chair once more. "But that'll be kinda hard to do if you don't remember our meeting."

Sam furrowed his brow as he waited for Benjamin to continue. What devious plan did this murderer have cooked up for him?

Stepping around the chair on the left side, Benjamin stood in front of Sam with his hands folded in front of him. "Twenty-four hours," he said with a long pause. "That's how long you have until you die."

Sam's heart beat rapidly as he continued struggling against the ropes. He flipped his hair out of his eyes as Benjamin continued, "I told you that I wanted Jack, and I intend to get him."