Dreams Only Last For a Night: Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A Meeting

Blaine's P.O.V.

I sat there, just waiting for the principal to come and yell at me. This would be my second time being in here this week and my mom is going to kill me. This is just what she needed, another burden on her already screwed up life. I should have thought twice about getting at it with the lunch lady, but she was just being a bitch!

Hell, if I was sitting here three, four years ago then my palms would be sweating, my crossed right leg would be shaking, and I would be biting my lower lip until it bled, but times have changed.

Ever since my dad left late freshman year I was no longer afraid of anything. He basically ripped my heart out and set it on fire before he stomped on the ashes. The worse part was that it hurt my little sister, Casey, ten times worse.

The first week after he left she was in denial. Everyday she would come home and ask,"Where's Daddy?", but nobody answered because nobody actually knew where he was. Probably with his whore mistress, Brittany. After months of denial I think it finally sunk in. She began acting up at school, her high grades dropped rapidly, and she hardly left her room. The only way she left was to eat and go to school. It killed me to see her every morning because everyday it looked like her innocence was broken worser than the last. I wanted to kill that sonofabitch for destroying Casey. She has yet to be the same full of life little girl she used to be before 'he' left.

As for my mom, I think she knew he was going to leave.

About eight months before 'he' left 'he' started coming home late and sometimes not even at all. He blamed it on a "big project" that would surely promote him, but instead he just found a slut to shag.

FLASHBACK: Three years ago

"Mommy please, please, please, PLEASE?!", Casey pleaded.

"No."

"Well whyyy noooot!", she whined.

"Because, I just bought you a jumbo pack of skittles last week and you ate them all in only two days!" Mom said giving Casey a stern look and Casey lost all faith in getting the jumbo pack of skittles.

Me, Mom, and Casey all went to the store to pick up a few things for spagetti and Mom's homemade spagetti sauce which is, I have to say, amazing!

We continued down the store's isles and Mom quickly grabbed everything that was on her list and put them in our cart.

"Tomato pace?" Mom questioned me.

"Check."

"Olive oil?"

"Check."

"Italian spices?"

"Yupp." I said popping the 'p'.

"Tomatoes?"

"Yes."

"Green onions?"

"Si."I quickly heard Casey giggle behind her curly black locks.

If Casey thought THAT was funny then this was surely going to be hilarious...

"Blaine?"

"Hmm?"

"I said garlic." She said sounding annoyed a teensy bit.

"Oui, Madame Frost." I said in a French accent. Casey giggled once more, but this time her eyes lit up with pure hilarity. I really didn't get why it was so funny, but Casey loved it.